Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Naples Nissan Tranny Issues 6mt

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:09 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan350z
Maybe we should race? I am in the process of a rebuild on my built motor and going to go to 20g's on my greddy kit.... Can't let out to many details..
by you past posts i have a feeling i know what you are up to. lets just say it might not be a fair race with my 350tt against your 4?0tt. i just want mine done at this point. we will get together and have some fun though.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:16 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Can I be the chase car I mean lead car just give me a good 10 15 cars (pinks) and I tape it

Ontopic:

Naples Nissan FTL Halfway crooks. No serious I will get you more info with my mothers ordeal Ryan.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:38 AM
ryan350z

UPDATE...

Well Lack of Help from The GM of Naples Nissan MR. BKE seems as he is too busy to call or email me. My Fiance called the dealer spoke to him and he said it is not his problem. Last I checked a unhappy customer is his problem? I have called NNA again still waiting for them to have the regional warranty person to call me back. Well I was supposed to get a call with in 24hours? Well I am closing in on 48hours. I am less than impressed with NIssan at this point, and to think I worked for this company for 5 years!! And my family and I have purchased in Excess of 25 Nissan / Infiniti products over the last 15 years. How are toyotas? I might do some spring cleaning
Old 02-16-2007, 10:40 AM
ryan350z

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Can I be the chase car I mean lead car just give me a good 10 15 cars (pinks) and I tape it

Ontopic:

Naples Nissan FTL Halfway crooks. No serious I will get you more info with my mothers ordeal Ryan.

Thanks, these guys are a JOke....
Old 02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
ryan350z

Another Update!!!! YAY

NNA Called me they are looking into towing the car from Naples Nissan To Sutherlin Nissan. I have talk to Sutherlin to let them know about the Issue. They have been so nice and concerned. I would never suggest anyone to take there car to Naples Nissan PERIOD. First and foremoet they are RUDE, esp if your a woman, I would not let them talk down to me!

Ryan
Old 02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
NA&CH
MY350Z.COM

Hey Ryan. Let me know when you will be there I might try and head there. My third is complete chit. Normal driving and it grinds like a pepper grinder. No buneo.

Maybe Ill go to NN since its close
Old 02-18-2007, 03:21 PM
ryan350z

no no NN is No good!! Head to sutherlin
Old 02-18-2007, 04:06 PM
NA&CH
MY350Z.COM

I wish there was something to sho sarcasm

Let me know how everything works out.

Also there is a car show/race in Imokkolee(sp) wanna go?? Let me know
Old 02-19-2007, 05:07 PM
ryan350z

I wish I could go to the race n show but I am car less all we have is our Titan right now.

The car is at Sutherlin, and the Tech went with me on a ride today and agreed the trans is notchy. They suggested I put synthetic gear oil in the trans. So I said I can do that myself but that will be just a band aid to the problem at hand. Lucy was rather upset at there lack of willingness to complete the repair. I requested we talk to the service manager, we did and Adam was helpful and is going to work with us on the problem. They are keeping it to try to find the problem.

One thing that bothered me is that I said I can put in the Gear oil but that would void my warrenty, but they can do it? I asked what type of Synthetic gear oil they use and he said he would have to check... Sounds Fishy. I am sure that Nissan did not use synthetic gear oil from the factory. So we have to alter the fluids in our cars for them to work? Why is it so hard to get things fixed. I am rather upset that Nissan is going to bring the GTR to nissan dealers, I do not think they can handle a car of that value. Looks like I will hold off on getting a GTR now.

Well all I hope for is the dealer to agree to the problem Fix the problem make me us happy. NNA today on the phone was no help... I am disguested and may never buy another Nissan. Whens the new Camaro out?

Last edited by ryan350z; 02-19-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Lsmith9523

I agree, the dealerships and NNA can be a PITA....I can write a book on the problems with my 04 Titan...and now my second engine in my 06 Z. (changed out at 1900 miles) LIke you,,,I have been a longtime nissan customer. But, with their customer "no" service,,,,its getting old...I actually called Mercedes and having a brocher mailed to me. I love the looks of the SLK AMG...

I forgot to add,,,,,I have a 3inch binder full of letters, faxes, correspondence's, ect. ect. All from Nissan North America. I was sketchy about getting rid of my Titan and getting into a Z,,,,but, I loved the looks of the car so much... Good luck with NNA...they honestly, "DO NOT CARE".

Last edited by Lsmith9523; 02-20-2007 at 04:36 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:51 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

I've also had countless problems with Naples Nissan. This seems to be the way they get things done.
A. You drop your car off in the morning
B. They tell you it will be ready late afternoon
C. They call you 10 minutes before they close telling you that your car is done
D. You show up only to have them tell you "we could not replicate the problem"
E. All the techs are gone and they're closing up shop but they tell you that you can schedule another appointment next week and go through the same bull**** all over again
Old 02-20-2007, 05:17 AM
ryan350z

So Sutherlin told me Yesturday the trans was notchy and now today there is no problem........ I am Pi$$ed of to say the least. I have one dealer left to try to capture us back to Nissan. Otherwise I will be in the market for at least 2 new cars and maybe when My Z is done I will sell that as well.

Looks like the dealers like to avoid warraty work as much as possible.

Ryan
Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

^yes...they really do. I've never been able to get Naples Nissan to do ANYTHING to my car that wasn't a TSB. Hell, even getting the TSB for grease streaking fixed on my old Z took two tries!
Old 02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
ryan350z

so we are off to Harbor Nissan In Pt Charlotte. I hate having to travel to so many dealers to have things fixxed, and Sutherliin said it was notchy now they are not. Gee whiz

Ryan

Last edited by ryan350z; 02-20-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:56 PM
ryan350z

Ok here is the latest guys. The car is at Harbor Nissan. I must admit these guys are cool, smart, and knowledable. On my way to Harbor Nissan I lost 5th gear in the Highway. Like I told Naples Nissan and Sutherlin Nissan it pops out of fifth gear. Did that tonight i put it back in fifth gear like normal to accelerate NOTHING just tached out. I start Laughing I call NNA back to tell them what just happen, of course I got her machine... left message.

So fifth gear is GONE!!! Happen within 5 miles of leaving Sutherlin Nissan.

Ok here is the best part remember when I told you guys that I had my titan in last week. They did brake work front and rear and rotated my tires. The truck has been making a weird noise well on the interstate going on the way home I notice the truck vibrating like crazy (at all speeds) and pulling to the left bad. I limp it home about 5 miles from the worst point, my fiance is scared out of her mind. She has been driving the truck since last week when her Z went in (2/14/07). I have pictures for you guys. I check the torque on all of the wheels all loose. Was Naples Nissan Trying to KILL US?

OOOOOooooOOoo Best part is I took the repair order from Sutherlin to Harbor Nissan to show them where there fix was to add Synthetic Nissan Gear OIl, here is the Best Part Nissan does not Make Synthetic gear oil. I had the guys at Harbor Nissan Parts Dept. double check.

Ok I have to cook dinner but will post the pics soon.

Ryan

Last edited by ryan350z; 02-20-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:36 PM
ryan350z

Look ma no nuts!!!

Mr Naples Nissan Tech ever see one of these?

or how about one of these?

I keep mine in here

O wow look I have one of those Plaque's too that you all hang in the dealer waiting room.

So, what do I do? Rhiannon's car is now at harbor Nissan with no 5th gear. My truck almost got us killed on the way home. I am over Naples Nissan and Sutherlin Nissan, in my book they are Liars, Cheats, and Theives !!!! And could of caused serious injury to the love of my life and myself tonight.

Ryan
Old 02-21-2007, 07:06 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

You should be in good hands up there at harbor. like i told you over the phone they are not next door for me either, but they are the only dealer around here i would trust with my car or truck ( my 05 nismo frontier is the workhorse)
Old 02-21-2007, 07:22 AM
ryan350z

best part Naples or Sutherlin Nissan both did not perform the Recall on the car either.... JOY
Old 02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
ryan350z

Harbor Nissan ROCKS. If any one whats a dealership to take car of them in South West Florida go there. John(service manager) Called me on a Sunday to talk to me about Rhiannon's car. I was floored by that. I applauded them. We are going to pick the car up tonight and more than likely drop my Titan off because the SES light came on. Only bummer about Harbor is I live so far away.

NNA has not returned One phone called I have made over the last week and half. They owe me money for a tow bill they said they would pay for. I may not purchase a GTR because of NNA. So the saga goes on but at least her car is safe =) and that is all we ever wanted.

John Never once accused me of lieing/ trying to upgrade/ or doubted the repair that was needed. FIRST CLASS Dealer.

Ryan
Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
danisr1
Sleeps in 350Z

I was there yesterday and saw your ride....looks good. glad you got it resolved.

Quick Reply: Naples Nissan Tranny Issues 6mt