Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Squeak/Creaking coming from center console

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM
BerZerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Squeak/Creaking coming from center console

I have an 03' Touring model.... about 41K miles on it..

Well in the last couple of months this weird sound has been coming out of the center console while driving... I don't know the best way to describe the sound but it seems to be caused by some vibration and is annoying the **** out of me.

If I push on the center near the A/C control unit or CD player the sound stops. Obviously something is loose/rubbing/vibrating. When I let up on pushing against it the sound comes right back.

Anbody had this issue before? is there some kind of adhesive or clip that has come loose? I have never removed the center console/dash so I don't know why this is happening.

I read how to remove the console here..

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

But I want to try and avoid doing that to locate the source of the sound until I know there is no other solution.

Also on a side note, I have noticed recently that when my car is cold the CD player will skip alot until it warms up, anybody have this issue?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:22 AM
imjdoggie

I have an 03 too and I hear alot of creaks and squeaks, it comes with owning a sports car. As for the CD player that is a common problem with our cars I have that problem too so you are not the only one. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you but at least you know you are not the only one experiencing these issues.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 AM
dan105540

i have it too and have used door insulation to stop the rattling. The kind with a strip you pull off that has glue on one side

Originally Posted by BerZerk
I have an 03' Touring model.... about 41K miles on it..

Well in the last couple of months this weird sound has been coming out of the center console while driving... I don't know the best way to describe the sound but it seems to be caused by some vibration and is annoying the **** out of me.

If I push on the center near the A/C control unit or CD player the sound stops. Obviously something is loose/rubbing/vibrating. When I let up on pushing against it the sound comes right back.

Anbody had this issue before? is there some kind of adhesive or clip that has come loose? I have never removed the center console/dash so I don't know why this is happening.

I read how to remove the console here..

http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

But I want to try and avoid doing that to locate the source of the sound until I know there is no other solution.

Also on a side note, I have noticed recently that when my car is cold the CD player will skip alot until it warms up, anybody have this issue?
Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 AM
BerZerk

Word... so did you have to removed the whole center console then?

Any idea what actually caused it to start vibrating/squeaking.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 AM
abc

Default Cold CD player

I'm on my fourth CD player from the dealership. Everyone one of them skips until the car warms up. Those Bose people really know how to build an audio system.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:34 AM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by abc
I'm on my fourth CD player from the dealership. Everyone one of them skips until the car warms up. Those Bose people really know how to build an audio system.
^^^Yeah, that really starting to irritate me, I've since begun using my MP3 player. Do you know if the newer decks w/ mp3 capability (06+?)suffer from the same problem? Are they plug and play with our cars?