Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Took it in for an oil change and ask'd about streaks

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 11:57 AM
s9am_me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took it in for an oil change and ask'd about streaks

well.. took my Z in this morning for an oil change. Its first one.. its been WAY over due. Woulda changed it myself but the dealer gave me a free oil change voucher

Anyways.. i asked the guy about the window streaks. He said he'd never heard of them. I pointed it out on my window and showed him. I also told him a lot of ppl have been having this problem with their 350z's. First he says, if its just a nuisance, we can't fix it... he said there has to be a lot of complaints first. So i told him that he should check the system cuz i know there's a TSB out for the window grease. So he leaves then comes back 10 mins later. Now he's saying that they canceled that TSB. I was like WHAT!?! It was just released on April 2nd, 2003. He leaves to check again. Now he comes back and says the TSB is discontinued because customers say it didn't work. then he starts explaining to me what the difference between TSB's and recalls are....

Too make a long story short... i got him to order the parts for me before i left the place. I recommend folks to print out the TSB (its on the sticky thread) when they bring it in for service. It'll probably save you some of your time.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:07 PM
s9am_me

here's a receipt if you guys wanna see
Attached Thumbnails Took it in for an oil change and ask'd about streaks-oil_reciept.jpg  
Old 04-23-2003, 03:56 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Unless your dealer called the regional tech center, I'd like to know where he heard all this crap.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:22 PM
s9am_me

i think he was just being lazy.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Ozz

Default Should have printed it out

I too had my car into the dealer for my first oil change. I didn't print out the # of the TSB but I thought I'd mention it to the SM. He checked and said there was no TSB regarding grease on windows. I pressed the issue a little and he rechecked and again told me there was nothing. I also had him check for any info on tire feathering. (none detected on my car as yet). He said he hadn't heard anything about either one of these situations. So I moved on to my next subject. I had a coupon for an express oil change 30 minutes or less or your next oil change is free. I asked what he thought about synthetics. He said he knew that synth's had their avid proponents but that he himself did not use them. So I asked how much extra it would be to do the job with synthetic oil. He called the back service area and talked with someone and told me it wouuld be about 15.00 more. I said go ahead with the synthetics. He then told me he could not guarantee the 30 minute oil change because I was there 10 minutes before they opened and he did not know who was in at that point. I said ok.
One hour later he comes into the waiting area. I'm paceing up and down after three cups of coffee. He comes up to me and he says "I thought it was taking a little long for your car so I went into the back and they had your car off to the side. When I asked why they had it off to the side he said that they don't have synthetic oil and that they had sent someone out for it and it is on it's way over. I thought I should ask if you wanted to wait. I told him it seemed as though I had already waited. How long will it take. He said that he didn't know but only knew that it was on it's way. I told him to just go ahead with the regular oil change. I was late enough for work as it was. Typical dealer BS. I'm definitely doing my own oil change next time.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:09 PM
s9am_me

yeah seriously... i just did my change at the dealer cuz it was free. Next time, i'll do it myself and its cheaper too