Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Power Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 10:25 AM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Problem

I have new problem with my Z as of this morning. I tried the auto-up switch on my driver side window and the window rolled all the way up and then halfway down and stopped. I played with it for a while and still got the same results. The only way to make it stay up is to hold window up switch until it is all the way up. I am going to take it to the dealer to see if they can fix it. Has anyone else had this problem? I searched and found a similar thread but the simptoms sounded a bit different.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:56 AM
ezchief

Default Ditto (almost)

I have it. Started a week ago. Same solution to the problem except mine is on the passenger side. Did you have your windows tinted. I am wondering because mine started before I got mine tinted but was intermittent. Now it is non stop. Supposed to take it in tomorrow but might not be able to due to schedule. Not that big of a problem except when combined with my tire feathering I am getting a little po'd.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:12 AM
ZRiCaN

same problem-driver side- neva happened before tint- intermittent with tint has happened more frequently with warming temps dunno if it is the cause
Old 05-01-2003, 09:04 AM
stungeon
Charter Member #63

Yeah, I have tint. It is intermittent and it just started this week. I have had tint for since September or so. The service department said that there is an adjustment that will fix it. I am going to wait until the get the grease fix parts are in and have it done all at once.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Natal

I have the same problem on the passenger window. It started acting up last week, when the temperatures climbed into the 90s. No tint on my windows, so that's not the problem.

I also have the grease streak, which I didn't want fixed for now. I was the first one with the Bose fix at my dealer, and now I have some rattles that need to be fixed (not to mention a "minor" four inch scratch on one of the panels, which I couldn't prove was done by the technician).