Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Slight Oil Drip Disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 02:23 AM
FrankieZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight Oil Drip Disappeared

I received my preorder last November and didn't get to use it much with the horrible winter we just endured here in New England . I started to notice slight oil on my garage mat . Not much , but WTH ? As I eventually drove it more frequently , it disappeared completely. It seemed to be almost like a coating of somekind . I just had my first oil change recently and still no droppings . I wasn't able to get under the car during hibernation so I could not pinpoint the exact area . It did dry up totally .I really feel now that it was some type of coating and nothing more .Did you check the dipstick to make sure it was secure ? You must have seen the post about oil exiting out of an open dipstick due to pressure during an oil change . Could the car have been somewhere else before the dealer got it and they weren't aware of this? Check the warning sticker in the engine compartment if you don't know what I am talking about . Good luck .

FrankieZZ
Old 05-05-2003, 04:44 AM
jeffa55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

You need to read my thread about checking for an oil leak. The leak seems to be realatively common and, I believe, many people have it and don't know it. The leak will almost never drip all the way to the ground... I would bet you have it and it is just not dripping to the ground any more (since you are driving the car).
Read the thread and check it out.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=27882

If that linik doesn't work, the thread is titled 'oil leak - please read and check'

Jeff