Old 12-24-2007, 03:24 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ i'm confused also, that doesn't sound like it's physically possible
Old 12-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't mean to say it needs to be on the ground per se, but the suspension should not be at full droop when adjusting the length of the endlinks - the suspension needs to be resting on the weight of the car in order to effectively adjust swaybar preload. As mentioned, you measure the center to center distance of the links by measuring the distance on the stock links. Adjust the new links to the same measurement to start off with. With the sway connected to the link, it cannot rotate in the bracket on its own. To set/adjust preload, the car ideally needs to be on a set of scales, or you won't have any idea what the changes in length to the link is really doing

http://www.powergridinc.com/pdf/Powe...structions.pdf

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-24-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:50 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jinsei888
^^ i'm confused also, that doesn't sound like it's physically possible
Ramps could physically do this. As a matter of fact, that is how I installed my links.

Chris
Old 12-25-2007, 04:57 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

yep the ramps are how I did mine as well

I use these things constantly! Only thing that lets even our low profile jacks under my car! They give 2.5 inches of lift

More info here:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2346
Old 12-25-2007, 07:46 AM
OH6 G35

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
yep the ramps are how I did mine as well

I use these things constantly! Only thing that lets even our low profile jacks under my car! They give 2.5 inches of lift

More info here:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=2346
+1 ...absolutely needed for a "lowered" car!
These ramps are it!!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:05 AM
hatchboi

i have the clunking noise also but i dont have an after market sway bar can anyone help me stop the noise...all i have is the stance coilovers
Old 12-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hatchboi
i have the clunking noise also but i dont have an after market sway bar can anyone help me stop the noise...all i have is the stance coilovers
there is really no way for anyone to answer this
Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 AM
myG35zx

I have a clunking noise as well. In fact I've had the compression rods replaced, replaced the end links with SPL and it is still there. I'm seriously thinking of flying someone from the boards to get this freaking thing stopped!
Old 12-25-2007, 07:43 PM
hatchboi

im wonder if its just my stance coilover that is cause the clunking sound, does anyone else with the tein or hks coilover can tell me their suspension is clunking so that i can change over
Old 12-27-2007, 11:02 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

I just ordered the TVS and have an 07, just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same "noises"? Seems ppl have been saying the 07's have stronger endlinks?

(Subscribing)
Old 01-02-2008, 11:54 AM
nkohler

could you use a jack to put load on the suspension before you torque down the end links? Also, if you use a jack, wouldnt you want to use one on each side of the car so the load is even?

I have this clunking issue and I am going to re-torque everything down but I dont have any ramps that will get the car high enough for me to get under it. I was hoping to get it on jack stands and use the jacks to load the suspension then get under it and tighten things down. does this sound feasable?

Ideally a pit below the car would be awesome, but I am working out of my garage...
Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
OH6 G35

Originally Posted by nkohler
could you use a jack to put load on the suspension before you torque down the end links? Also, if you use a jack, wouldnt you want to use one on each side of the car so the load is even?

I have this clunking issue and I am going to re-torque everything down but I dont have any ramps that will get the car high enough for me to get under it. I was hoping to get it on jack stands and use the jacks to load the suspension then get under it and tighten things down. does this sound feasable?

Ideally a pit below the car would be awesome, but I am working out of my garage...
A "Pit" definitely helped me out...
Took care of the "clunk"!!
If you were closer, I'd tell you to drop-on by...
Old 01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
nkohler

Just to follow up on my clunking issue. Today I jacked up the rear end of the car and removed the bolts from the stock sway bar end links and then took a jack on each rear lower control arm and put load on the suspension (both sides at the same time). After this I put the bolts back on the end links and torqued them down. The sound is now gone!

Hope this helps some people.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:02 PM
OH6 G35

Just to follow up on my clunking issue. Today I jacked up the rear end of the car and removed the bolts from the stock sway bar end links and then took a jack on each rear lower control arm and put load on the suspension (both sides at the same time). After this I put the bolts back on the end links and torqued them down. The sound is now gone!

That's a "great" idea! I'm glad you solved the problem...
...and this procedure should help others.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,290 Likes on 1,650 Posts

You know that will have no effect , and you can also tighten the end link bolts while the tires are on the grund.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Fairlady22

This problem started for me when I had the Stance coilovers installed as well. The cluncking noise got worse as I lowered the car and its only on the rear driver side.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:48 AM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: my problem is BACK!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Mine only acts up when it's cold.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Fleet Z

Over the weekend, I installed a set of Hotchkis sways on my 2006. Hotchkis recommends installing the end link in the hole furthest from the end on the front bar and closest to the end on the rear. If you follow these instructions, the end links are at very severe angles and with the jounce and rebound of the suspension, my opinion is that the endlinks will bind in their pivot points. I decided to place the endlinks in the holes that kept the endlink as close to straight up and down as possible.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:16 AM
kuah@splparts.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Fleet Z
Over the weekend, I installed a set of Hotchkis sways on my 2006. Hotchkis recommends installing the end link in the hole furthest from the end on the front bar and closest to the end on the rear. If you follow these instructions, the end links are at very severe angles and with the jounce and rebound of the suspension, my opinion is that the endlinks will bind in their pivot points. I decided to place the endlinks in the holes that kept the endlink as close to straight up and down as possible.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes... particularly on the front endlinks, installing them at the extreme holes on the sway bars will cause them to bind. It is probably why some people experience noise issues with their stock endlinks soon after installing the sway bars, while others do not.

Quick Reply: Clunking Noise--Related to Endlinks?