Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Passenger side window

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:39 AM
CasperFC81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side window

When I roll up the passenger side window using the one-touch up, it rolls it up all the way and then back down half-way automatically. Is there some special trick I need to do to make it stop coming down half-way. It also rolls down half-way sometimes when I close the passenger side door with the car turned off.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
chromesilver6

There is a motor reset button on the window motor. Take off the door panel and remove a small round black sticker that covers an access hole to the motor. There is a small button on it. Put the window all the way down and then hold the button in. While holding it in hold the window switch down and raise window to the full up position holding it once it gets to the top for a few seconds (never let off the little button.) The proceed to hold the window switch down to take the window all the way down. After its all the way down release the reset button and then test the one touch functions. Should be good to go after that.. Hope that helps
Old 12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this same problem.. Let me know if that works for u OP.. Not willing to do all that for nothing........
Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
y_b_lamron

I had the same problem a long time ago and I believe there is a TSB. I took it in to Nissan and they fixed it under warranty.

a few weeks later (about 3 years after the first time) it started again. I took the motor out and cleaned it with contact cleaner. It's been working fine and haven't had another issue in the last few weeks.

There's a post on here about how to remove the door panel and the window motor.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:21 PM
y_b_lamron

here's the post with pics..

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....t=window+motor
Old 12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
chromesilver6

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I have this same problem.. Let me know if that works for u OP.. Not willing to do all that for nothing........
I did a ton of these when i was a tech at a Nissan dealer. Pretty common and happened all the damn time. Seemed like i was doing one a day.lol
Old 04-06-2008, 02:48 PM
sixsigmalarry

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Sos

Chromesilver6,
Would you please clarify your instructions? I got a little confused:
"There is a motor reset button on the window motor. Take off the door panel and remove a small round black sticker that covers an access hole to the motor. There is a small button on it."
Okay, it this a little rubber coated button? If so, then I am following you so far.

"Put the window all the way down and then hold the button in."
So put the window down and then push the button, right?

"While holding it in hold the window switch down and raise window to the full up position holding it once it gets to the top for a few seconds (never let off the little button.)"
This is where I got lost. I got it that we hold the reset button down during this entire procedure, but I got lost here when you said "hold the window switch down and raise the window to the pull up position holding it once it gets to the top for a few seconds..."
Do mean that we hold the switch in the 'up' position till it gets to the top? Or do you mean push the window switch to the 'down' position, then raise it to the top? Also, I'm assuming that no you mean we are holding the window switch in the 'up' position for a few seconds at the top?

"Then proceed to hold the window switch down to take the window all the way down."
After a few seconds, we push the window switch to the 'down' position and hold it till the bottom, right?

I tried a a few various of this but was unsuccessful....if you have more details on how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Larry