Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

The Tool man

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 09:01 AM
snaponbrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Tool man

I just figured I would introduce myself to this sub-subforum. I saw there are alot of scanner and tool questions and I thought I can be a good resource for some of these questions.

I have a 5+ obd scanners with a wealth of knowledge in them that I haven't even looked all the way into. The Solus/Modis and Vantage Pro also have component testing capabilities and wiring breakdowns. The Solus/Modis has troubleshooter capabilities and can break down codes you get. It will tell you how it set, what conditions triggered the code, and how technicians have fixed it.

Some tools that I have that spoil me.

http://www.motherofallcordlessimpactwrenches.com/

hands down the best cordless impact in the world

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

this right here is my personal favorite, I have sold 120 of them. Many people have used a cordless screwdriver but they usually aren't fast enough and aren't strong enough. This one is both

like I said hit me up for any questions, I am not trying to be a vendor on here but I can hook some guys up on here with tools, and some knowledge on some of them.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
syndacit

solus is a lot of money for someone to spend on for a home used scanner / oscilloscope. Its nice though, I've used it at school. Along with the Snap-on Ethos and vantage pro. But I still wouldnt pay 3k+ for a home use diagnostic tool. If you have the money its nice.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:42 PM
snaponbrian

no I wouldn't recommend it for any enthusiast on here with a check engine light.
But they do contain lots of info.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 AM
crg914

Here's a question, I was lookng at getting the riser for my classic 78 and the door to go with it but my snap on guy said the door is discontinued. So you know if there is a replacement part #?

The riser is : KRW7554PC
The riser door is : KADK54APC <- discontinued

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
snaponbrian

yea it is discontinued, I had to get one from Washington st. a few weeks ago, prob the last one in America, it was black too.

They don't make 19in. deep risers anymore, but they should have new deeper ones for the classic boxes.

In may however there is an awesome deal going on if you buy a krl1022 + krl riser (1piece stainless inside beautiful)!! Its all bigger and better.

who is your dealer....I would tell you the deal but he may not be doing it.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
crg914

Well, the riser itself is still available, but the door for it isn't. The riser doesn't do me much good if I can't lock it up.

My Snap-On guy is Kyle Green in the Mooresville, NC area.

I don't have my catalog at home, I leave it in my box, will the KRL riser fir the classic78 without any overhang/underhang? I don't want it to look out of place.

Do you know when in may this deal will begin?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:44 PM
snaponbrian

No the krl riser won't work. It could possibly fit but, no it wouldn't look right.

your classic box width--Width, inches 54 23/32

the krl riser width---Width, inches 54 1/4

<What you should get>

and if you ask him about it now he can tell when in May or what kind of deal he can make you. I haven't heard of him, but if your a good customer, he is gonna have to make something happen for you.

I had the same thing happen to me with a black riser also, and like you said its worthless if you can't lock it. I had already gave my customer the riser, and come to find out no doors anymore, so I hooked him up with this set up in white.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 PM
crg914

Meh, I don't want to trade in my box to the KRL series. I love my box, just need a little more space. Plus I already have the top box, just need the riser. So that would be a lot of upgrading.

Hopefully I am considered a good customer. Does $10k+ in the last year count as a good customer

Anyway, he said he would check on it for me, just seeing if maybe you had the inside word or knew something he didn't.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
crg914

Do you have specs and/or info on the new MG725 1/2" impact?

I have the XT7100 and my buddy told me the MG725 is supposed to be more powerful? He said 1200 ft/lbs breakaway torque?

Can you confirm, I asked my Snap-On guy but he didn't have one yet.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 PM
j.arnaldo
Banned

I can barely do an oil change, tune-up & change the brake pads in my Zed.
This is Chinese to me. Thanks, anyway.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK ---Snap -on tool man. ---You cool . But you cater to country bumpkins that have Tool Hard Ons and pay on time for Ingersol Rands that are twice the price because it says SnapOn.. Thats their life, ... the biggest Tool Box gets the bishs

Thats Business, we deal with it.

I like Snap tools-- for SOME things
Old 04-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I crack because a guy is selling a Snap-On tool box for 4500.00 that is used and worth as far as "cost of production" 450.00....He got screwed and he is trying to pass the screwing on

I love your tools though
Old 04-23-2008, 03:20 PM
snaponbrian

Do you have specs and/or info on the new MG725 1/2" impact?

Yea it has 1180 ft lbs. of break away reverse torque the strongest I have seen a 1/2 impact yet.

But you cater to country bumpkins that have Tool Hard Ons and pay on time for Ingersol Rands that are twice the price because it says SnapOn.. Thats their life, ... the biggest Tool Box gets the bishs

what????

only country bumpkins use good tools? I sell Ingersol Rand its my second favorite air tool : )

I crack because a guy is selling a Snap-On tool box for 4500.00 that is used and worth as far as "cost of production" 450.00

I don't know what kind of box your talking about, but like I ask some of my customers that debate the price of my tools. "could you make it for that much?"

the answer is no btw, unless you can bend,weld, and powder coat 500lbs of
stainless steel into a toolbox and give it a lifetime warranty for $450