Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

So I go to get my window streak tsb....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 11:09 AM
neohalo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I go to get my window streak tsb....

...taken care of today. What was supposed to take 1 hour, took three to complete.
Then when my Z pulled up from the service dock, the service manager had this strange look on his face.

"I have some good and bad news for you" as he trots me over to my car to point out the scraches made in my tint on the drivers side. I was bummed, but not a big deal, it could be fixed. So I ask, "what's the good news?" and he said, "that wasn't the bad news yet" and as he points to the passenger side window..."that is the bad news!"
I'm looking at a six inch gouge through my tint, then through the glass. Yes, the glass has to be replaced because the gouge is so bad.

So I proceed to ask what the good news was?? He said the good news is I have ordered the window and it will be in next week. "And the good news???"
They are going to replace the tint for me at no charge!
How you gouge the window like that by installing a plastic piece on the door is beyond me. The manager had no explanation for me other than the standard, "I'm sorry". I know we're all human and people make mistakes, but... not with my Z!!

I figured this was a good opportunity to try and get a little back from the dealer. After talking to the manager, they agreed to sell me the Nismo S Tune at dealer cost and take half off the labor to install. Not bad I guess--but I didn't really have the money right now to buy the suspension, as I just bought wheels and tires. And to top off my wonderful experience at the service dept., there was grease all over my passenger seat and doors. wtf? I asked why my seats were not covered and he said they should have covered them both.

So I guess some good came out of it, I'm saving a bit on the s tune. Just a hassle dropping the car off, getting a ride, ect..

But hey, it's just a car, right?!

Sorry, just had to vent my frustrations as I know a lot of you would be as dissapointed and bummed as I am right now.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:20 AM
pimp1911

Default okay i am worried

lol. I am getting the streak TSB handled Saturday. I have tinted windows as well so I will be on the lookout for anything odd. Plus take before and after pictures.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:34 PM
MastaKillaZ

I'm dropping mine off tomorrow, but a member on this forum works at the dealership I'm taking it to and hopefully they won't dig a groove in my tint or my window...

sorry to hear about your car.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:30 PM
NeoZ

I oftentimes find myself surprised as to how many mistakes these "technicians" make when servicing a vehicle. Well, I guess when the car isn't yours; who gives a f@#k!
Old 07-10-2003, 01:56 PM
neohalo1

So true NeoZ! Oh well, what can you do I guess. I'm just baffled on how they were able to scrape the glass like that--makes you wonder if they were forcing the window down or something??

I also had them check my alignment because it was pulling hard to the right. Sure enough it was off. I guess a part has been ordered to fix the toe in problem. I can get the part # if anyone needs it.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:05 PM
NeoZ

I forgot to mention that when I got my window grease problem fixed they not only forgot to activate the mechanism that locks my doors but also misalinged the passenger's side window.
Old 07-10-2003, 02:12 PM
majones

I have the window streak problem, but not very bad. After hearing these stories, it might be best just to live with it.

Mark
Old 07-10-2003, 02:29 PM
mark350

Finally my windows are working well after having the grease tsb taken care of (knock on wood). It only took three seperate trips to the dealership to have the windows adjusted properly . One time when I went to pick up the car after it was "done" my window was adjusted so poorly I could barely get my drivers side door to open (window would not come down far enough to clear the door jamb). I asked my service writer "are you telling me that your factory certified technician didn't relize this after he took my car on a 3 mile test drive?" He had nothing to say.....
Old 07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
DC5Speed

I would have freak'd out on the manager, you went to service dept(fix) your ride not create problems.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:40 PM
67 Demon

So, to get the window grease fixed it should only take ONE hour huh?????? Hmmmm..... thats VERY interesting considering the service manager i took my Z to told me that i would need to drop my car off because he would NEED it for the whole day to complete the job. Who do you trust??? No one! Gotta love these guys!!!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:41 PM
neohalo1

I was told 1 to 1.5 hours to complete the fix. Sounds to me like your service mgr. is giving you some bs.

Last edited by neohalo1; 07-10-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:26 PM
neohalo1

For some reason I cannot upload my picture.

Last edited by neohalo1; 07-10-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:44 AM
Jewelz350

Question for everyone who had their window streaks fixed. Once you took your cars in initially for the streak problem, how long did it take the dealership to get the parts? Mine has been 'back ordered' since the TSB came out. I think they are full of it.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:08 AM
ZEXC-33

Under the hard ruling of Carlos Ghosn, Nissan is curing it's financial debts, and now making some good cars. It seems the dealer network still needs to b fixed, as the service men really dont know how to handle such a car as the Z. Something as simple as remembering to mark on the window where it drops too before hacking apart the door trim wouldnt b a problem for a BMW serviceman. Quite simply, u get what u pay for.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:44 PM
jnebill

Originally posted by Jewelz350
Question for everyone who had their window streaks fixed. Once you took your cars in initially for the streak problem, how long did it take the dealership to get the parts? Mine has been 'back ordered' since the TSB came out. I think they are full of it.
Dude, you're getting lied to. I brought it up to my guys at Topeka Nissan last week...they looked into the TSB, ordered the parts and had them sitting for me by this Wednesday.

Just picked mine up and it went GREAT. They drove me to work, picked me up when it was done (I gave them the entire morning to work on it). Plus, they had washed my car for me, as it had accumulated some water spots with recent rain. Overall, a fantastic experience.

I'm sure every Nissan service department will quote you a different amount of time it will take to complete the job, simply based on how busy they are with other work. I never like to rush them.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:40 PM
2003z

Originally posted by ZEXC-33
Under the hard ruling of Carlos Ghosn, Nissan is curing it's financial debts, and now making some good cars. It seems the dealer network still needs to b fixed, as the service men really dont know how to handle such a car as the Z. Something as simple as remembering to mark on the window where it drops too before hacking apart the door trim wouldnt b a problem for a BMW serviceman. Quite simply, u get what u pay for.
Nissan's service is no worse than any other automakers. I had a 2000 BMW 323Ci, and had it in for a couple problems. Always came back with grease on the seats and door panels. I had bad AM reception, and they told me it was normal. Had an electrical whine (which I later figured out was the dinan carbon fiber CAI, and not electric), the dealership said they checked other cars on the lot, and they did the exact same thing, which was flat out wrong.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:34 AM
SteveZzz

Originally posted by Jewelz350
They ordered my parts on a Wednesday, called me the next Monday and I went and got it installed on Tuesday. So less then a week from start to finish.

No damage to the windows, door panels, or anywhere else on the car. WHEW!!