Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Loss of power, no reaction after pushing gas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:19 PM
scout35316

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of power, no reaction after pushing gas?

Ok here is what happened. driving down the road and i feel a loss of power now mind you my car has been n the shop for a crash prior to this ,but none the less one problem at a time ,....loss of power i pull into a gas station and get gas thinking i may be running out since i have no gauges in it at all,so i pull over get gas and start it back up ,put it in gear and try n take off and no power like the tps isnt noticing that i am pushing the pedal, i turn the car off and restart,reves fine,im like bingo ...put it in gear and no tps control ???

now mind you i have recently added a WOT box and it splices into the tps line ,crank position signal ,main coil harness power and ground .....box is working great.....meaning it tests out ....bat is dead ,removed radio and all like items .........i cant even tell this story right as to what is going on ,where would i even begin to start looking , for starters it would seem if the alternator went bad,it would have just truned off once it got dead correct? and second of all i should be able to jump it and get it to start even without a bat in it if the alt is bad just once i unhook it itll die....input...anyone, have to wait for wifey to get home so i can drive her car to hit it with some jumper cables and see what happens...