Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Throttle Body Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:17 PM
RKnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Body Replacement

How many have had to have their throttle Body replaced? I have a 04 and a few months ago I got a CEL. I have a friend with a high quality code reader and what he got was a faulty TB code. He cleared it but a few weeks later CEL again with the same fault code. I kept driving the car without clearing the code and the CEL went out on it's own after several days. Then one day after making a stop at the store my car would only run for a second and then die after starting. Tried about six times but it wouldn't stay running even if I gave it a little gas while cranking. Then I turned the ignition to the fully off position and then cranked it and it stayed running but with a CEL. Took it to the dealership and they said the entire TB needed replacing because either a sensor or the electronics that operates the butterfly valve isn't servicable. They said it is a common problem, in fact they had a new TB in stock when they first diagnosed my car but it ended up going to another customers car that was there before me so I had to wait a couple hours while they went to another dealership to get one.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:56 PM
j3dz

hey man, i'm having the same problem right now...got the CEL (check engine light) on and i was told it was my TPS (throttle position sensor)...how much did the dealer quote you for this fix? thanks man
Old 10-23-2010, 11:30 PM
Karenlee

Default my first major repair.....

Stupid SES light comes on with the complimentary lovely limp mode. This happens a few times a week and I finally got tired of this crap. Took it into the dealer last week and they cleaned the throttle body and re-set all the systems.... you know the routine. With the P1239 code they said it may fail again into limp mode but at $800 just for the part I opted for just the service. Well, it went back to the dealer on a flatbed yesterday. They graciously only charged me for the part and no labour since they already charged me $250 a few days ago for the throttle body cleaning.

SHe runs better now.... plus they tightened down a loose motor mount for free which was my clunking sound in the front end I kept on hearing....

2007 Grand Touring with 30,000km.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:38 AM
lenakance4life

just a quick question... was the dealer able to dsitinguish which throttle body it was based on the code off the obd?

i have the same issue and its due to aftermarket intakes... thanks