Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Need help! Bad fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM
mrgsdsjg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help! Bad fuel pump?

Need some help here. My car died on me the other night while driving! Tried to crank it up and it will turn over but won't start. Ive tried trouble shooting and I think it is the fuel pump. When I try to crank the car it just turns over without any notion of starting. I can hear the fuel pump prime, but a Nissan mechanic said that he's seen several 350Z's fuel pumps go bad, but still run 12-15 PSI (not 40+ PSI like they are suppose to). Ive been searching for hours to try to find a part number for just the pump, something that I might find in town and not have to order and wait all week to get. I know I could get the Wabro GSS342 - 255lph fuel pump, but I don't want to have to upgrade the FPR as well. I also don't want to have to replace the entire assembly which costs 300 when I only need a pump that cost 90-100... Anybody have any advice? Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I can sell you my used stock fuel pump...I switched to Walbro when I went FI...upgrading to Walbro without FI is a waste...and it's not difficult to replace the pump, either...there's a DIY to for replacing the Pump to a Walbro in this forum, but just do the part which involves changing the pump...I did the swap myself...

Originally Posted by mrgsdsjg
Need some help here. My car died on me the other night while driving! Tried to crank it up and it will turn over but won't start. Ive tried trouble shooting and I think it is the fuel pump. When I try to crank the car it just turns over without any notion of starting. I can hear the fuel pump prime, but a Nissan mechanic said that he's seen several 350Z's fuel pumps go bad, but still run 12-15 PSI (not 40+ PSI like they are suppose to). Ive been searching for hours to try to find a part number for just the pump, something that I might find in town and not have to order and wait all week to get. I know I could get the Wabro GSS342 - 255lph fuel pump, but I don't want to have to upgrade the FPR as well. I also don't want to have to replace the entire assembly which costs 300 when I only need a pump that cost 90-100... Anybody have any advice? Thanks
Old 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM
TJGILROY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

telll your mechanic to check the cam sensors.. had the same problem and my mechanic hooked up his 12k dollar coding computer up to it and it spit out a code for the cam sensors...after 110 bucks a peice at the stealer...everything was all better...70k miles on my baby...