Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Anyone in arbitration

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 05:17 AM
fastone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just concluded a BBB buyback. The NNA arbitration team are rude and will strait up lie to you and the arbitrators, so take good notes as you proceed it makes it smoother when you can counter their lies in the hearing with facts dates and cell phone bills for proof of calls. Adam Goodman was my rep. from NNA arbitration. wish all you guys luck
Old 10-11-2003, 03:21 PM
dthoman

Fastone:

Just concluded my back back as well. Just verified that my pay off check made it to my bank. See my post above. "Arbitration with the BBB worked for me!!!"

Adam Goodman was my representative as well. Even during the process of him requesting checks, getting checks and sending checks he would say one thing and something else would happen.

I doubted the whole situation would go right, all the way up to the end. I waited until I verified that my account with my bank had been paid off until I posted my results and before I actually believed that it had happened.

Glad it worked for us. Hopefully more people will use the BBB and that will definately make NAA take notice.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:38 PM
mpfstew

I have just gone into arbitration today. At first NNA wouldn't even send the case to the arbitration people until I told them I had called the BBB and started a case. I now have just made my 6th payment and have had the car in the shop 12 times, 13 pending a new window motor (for the 3rd time). I have had everything under the sun except transmission problems. Once this motor comes in my passenger side door will have been taken apart 5 times. What a POS! Even if I don't get anything done with this method I'm still getting rid of the car. I don't have time to take my car in for repairs every two weeks.

What pains me the most is figuring out what I'll get next.
Old 11-09-2003, 07:50 AM
corsair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought my car in Arizona but moved to Delaware. Which state do I go through?
Old 11-09-2003, 09:37 AM
mpfstew

Originally posted by corsair
i bought my car in Arizona but moved to Delaware. Which state do I go through?
I would say Delaware since that is where you live now, but I'm not a lawyer!
Old 11-09-2003, 09:53 AM
corsair

Default thanks

I can't seem to get a definite answer on this but I'll keep trying.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:05 AM
99AllTurbo

Originally posted by keiffer953
This thread DEFINTELY needs to stay alive!!! Please keep us all updated on your prgresses. BTW anyone in Fla going the Lemon law way?
keiffer953, I am.

I'm waiting for dates from the BBB Autoline that will be requested for arbitration. I'm in Orlando too.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:12 AM
corsair

I talked to an Attorney who said although I purchased the car in Arizona, he would be able to help me once I register the car in Delaware. I did a 2 year registration when I bought the car so the tags are good until 9/04. Arizona registration is OUTRAGEOUS. Something like $1300 bucks! Sickening!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:38 AM
jelledge

Default Arbitration Costs

Can anyone tells us how much you lost on the deal of turning your car back into Nissan?

My understanding was they had to pay the purchase price of the car (and sometimes tax) minus mileage wear.

So how much is usage in miles on the car? How do they calculate it?

Thanks
Old 11-12-2003, 08:58 AM
woogemooge

also...do they pay back the tax you paid on the car???
Old 11-12-2003, 08:59 AM
dthoman

In California, they take your Cash price of your vehicle (line 1 on financial contract) divide that figure by 120,000 and then multiply that figure by the actual milage that you attempted to have the first repair.

In my case, my purchase price was 38,077.00 divide by 120,000 equals .3173083. Use that figure times the milage (in my case was 1194, I turned it in almost 11,000 miles) that would equal $378.87. That is the figure they used for usage.

They paid off my vehicle and then gave me the rest which was approximately 15,000.00. I lost approximately $1,200.00. That was partly because they do not reimburse you for dealer installed accessories. I had purcharsed the paint protection for $995.00

Hope this helps. I don't know about other states.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:05 AM
woogemooge

when you say cash price of the vehicle, is that the price including tax?

i'm also in CA...in the bay area. my car's been going through a lot of minor problems.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:07 AM
dthoman

Cash price is price before tax, title and license. It is on line 1 on the contract.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:41 PM
woogemooge

ok, thanks for the clarification. so you paid 38k before TTL?? wow...that seems awefully expensive!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:47 PM
dthoman

Touring model with Navigation, leather seats, 6 disk CD changer. We bought the car in December of 2002. They were definately not making deals on that car at the time.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:41 AM
bigdog

Default Successful arbitration

Well, not sure if anyone is even monitoring this thread anymore, but seeing how I started it I though it would be fitting that I update everyone. I started in arbitration on july25th with the BBB and quickly realized it was not going to work out with them. I found a consumer attorney firm that was willing to take my lemon law case, at no charge to me. SO after 3 transmission and almost 4 months of going back and forth with nissan the case is finally over. I am not the proud owner of a 2004 touring 350z and am thrilled. Kudos to my laywers and Kudos to Nissan for finally stepping up to the plate and swapping out my 03 for an 04 with minimal addtional cost to me. Basicvally a small fee for wear and tear. So to all of you that are persuing a replacement or a buyback hang in there, Nissan will step to the plate, but it may take awhile.

Now I can start on mods, just not sure what to go with first.

Oh Yea, guess I should update my sig
Old 12-04-2003, 08:58 AM
jelledge

Default Update

Thanks for the update. What was it about BBB arbitration that did not work for you. I am considering the same thing and would like to know any potential pitfalls.

thxs,
Ja
Old 12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
bigdog

Default Re: Update

Originally posted by jelledge
Thanks for the update. What was it about BBB arbitration that did not work for you. I am considering the same thing and would like to know any potential pitfalls.

thxs,
Ja
The BBB is a neutral party, but will not fight for you the way an attorney will. For instance, on the buyback program Nissan deducts for ware and tear on the vehicle, which is all good, but they start it from the time that you file the claim, not miles that were on the car when you had it first repaired. they will pretty much follow the exact guidlines, whereas an attorney will push the limits. I just found that going through the attorney (for my particular instance was better. I wish you luck in your endeavors, and if you need an attorney, the ones I wused are located in several states.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:13 AM
99AllTurbo

Actually the Lemon Law is the one that has the particular rule/law. The mileage will be taken into acct when I go to arbitration (in the state of Florida atleast). That's nothing the BBB can do about. I just want Nissan to buy my car back and I don't want to deal with them anymore. It's very unfortunate, since I now don't plan on buying a new Nissan ever again. Dealers and Nissan are clueless, careless and dishonest.

Best of luck with your 2004.

I go to arbitration a week from today.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:28 AM
jpc350

Default Your new 04

Bigdog, first congrat's on your successful negotiations. What's your early impressions with the 04. What differences do you notice in handling,suspension, etc. Appreciate your response. I have been advised by a new 04 owner who had driven several 03's and says the car is definitely different..

Quick Reply: Anyone in arbitration