Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

leather seat install question - seat w/ control box?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 AM
x7productions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather seat install question - seat w/ control box?

hey got a question if anyone can help.
got a 2004 enthusiast, and just bought some 06 power heated leather seats.
anywho, read the guides on here, and was testing the seats. tapped the power from the front cigarette lighter (black ground - red power), tested the driver seat, works fine, tested the passenger seat and it wouldn't work. Now there is this white control box on the bottom of the passenger seat, I'm guessing because it was on a convertible? Anywho I looked at the service manual and just connected the ground and power cables, but since it didn't work I'm thinking it has to do with the control box and the circuit not being complete or something?

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:05 AM
labelworkshop75

Originally Posted by x7productions
hey got a question if anyone can help.
got a 2004 enthusiast, and just bought some 06 power heated leather seats.
anywho, read the guides on here, and was testing the seats. tapped the power from the front cigarette lighter (black ground - red power), tested the driver seat, works fine, tested the passenger seat and it wouldn't work. Now there is this white control box on the bottom of the passenger seat, I'm guessing because it was on a convertible? Anywho I looked at the service manual and just connected the ground and power cables, but since it didn't work I'm thinking it has to do with the control box and the circuit not being complete or something?

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it.
Since you bought them used. Someone may have spilled something in the switch buttons on the side of the seat. Like what happend to me. Try maybe using a new switch or a cheap, different one.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM
x7productions

Originally Posted by labelworkshop75
Since you bought them used. Someone may have spilled something in the switch buttons on the side of the seat. Like what happend to me. Try maybe using a new switch or a cheap, different one.
Ok, I'll try that. So you don't think it has to do with the white control box thing? I was looking at some other guides, and others didn't have the white box on the passenger side :/
Old 05-17-2009, 11:38 AM
x7productions

so i was messing around with the cables... you guys know you don't need to tap from the cigarette lighter right????? when you remove the stock seats, there is a plug that is connected to nothing... i tested it and its the power connection.. -_- LOL.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:40 PM
08350zboy

are your seats manual with no side airbags? is it direct plug and play if the wiring is not cut on the OEM leather seats?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:48 AM
raycs7

Convertible seats has that box connected to various sensors in the top.
It allows for a light forward motion of the backrest when opening and closing the top.

You may need to bypass that box and make a custom harness similar to the drivers side.