Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Electric Window not working on 07 Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Colin_S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Window not working on 07 Z

I know there is a sticky about cleaning the motor, the fact my car is only 18 months old was wondering if it could be anything else. It is only 1 window that is not working.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:15 AM
BlueZ33

double check to make sure you didnt actually depress the window lock button

i thought my passenger didnt work for almost a month before, and then one day i happened to notice it was down
Old 07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
wmousawi

alright seems like 350z window motors are shitty.. i have an 07 350z and everytime i push the button to put my window up it would go all the way up and then would drop back half way.. so i took it to the dealer and they did a resync and it works perfectly fine. they said if it happens again they will change the window motor. it was all covered under the warranty so go to your dealer and let them do it for you for free!!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Colin_S

Originally Posted by BlueZ33

i thought my passenger didnt work for almost a month before, and then one day i happened to notice it was down
Been there, done that. After I fitted a set of speakers my passenger window was stuck down. I was freaking cause it was a Sunday night and I needed my car for work the next day. After an hour or so striping down the door to check it I released it was the switch. These switches don't normally disable the driver’s side switch too which is why I never noticed.

Originally Posted by wmousawi
alright seems like 350z window motors are shitty.. i have an 07 350z and everytime i push the button to put my window up it would go all the way up and then would drop back half way.. so i took it to the dealer and they did a resync and it works perfectly fine. they said if it happens again they will change the window motor. it was all covered under the warranty so go to your dealer and let them do it for you for free!!
Booked into the dealer for tomorrow, just was checkign there was nothing silly that happens first like a fuse etc.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Black_03_Z

Default Open window with Rain commin

Originally Posted by BlueZ33

Your comment to check the window lock button saved my b_t. I must have pressed it by accident.