Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

ANYONE HAVE COPY OF NEW TSB NTB03-006A(Tire feathering)--just came out!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 12:27 PM
overZealous

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Boomer
Why not? Has anyone contacted NNA about this document? I would do it, but would probably alienate them forever since I am so angry. Can someone on this thread do it?

P.S. I just called my dealer who said they couldn't find it on the Nissan Assist website where they get their Recall and TSB information. So, it is not readily available to all dealers at this time. I told my service writer I would apprciate his call if/when this document shows up. He agreed to do so. I will sit tight on any changes until this TSB is termed "official".
I believe it's official Boomer. I just didn't get it from an authorized Nissan source so I put that little disclaimer on there.
Old 01-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Boomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by overZealous
I believe it's official Boomer. I just didn't get it from an authorized Nissan source so I put that little disclaimer on there.
Check my previous post, I added some more points.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:54 PM
johnlotusboy

I got mine from my local dealer.
If you look at the top of the document NTB03-006b you will find it replaces NTB03-006a.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by johnlotusboy
I got mine from my local dealer.
If you look at the top of the document NTB03-006b you will find it replaces NTB03-006a.
Its very difficult to read, John. I'll take your word for it, but until my dealer can pull it up on their T.A. website, I have to wait. I'm still getting my tires looked at tomorrow, though.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:23 AM
fuzzwart

Originally posted by Boomer
Why not? Has anyone contacted NNA about this document? I would do it, but would probably alienate them forever since I am so angry. Can someone on this thread do it?

P.S. I just called my dealer who said they couldn't find it on the Nissan Assist website where they get their Recall and TSB information. So, it is not readily available to all dealers at this time. I told my service writer I would apprciate his call if/when this document shows up. He agreed to do so. I will sit tight on any changes until this TSB is termed "official".

Also, the numbers of the TSB are NTB03-006A AND NTB03-006B, which one, if either, are correct?
NTB03-006B is the latest. The dealers do have access to the TSB. I went in to my dealer not knowing about the latest revision and the service rep had the "B" revision printed out on her desk.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:28 AM
overZealous

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry Guys (and Gals). I've got to pull that document that I posted earlier. This server has now become the home of 350zbuyersguide.com. So if you still need it please get it now.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:36 AM
ricka

I dont know if this is acceptable......but without reading all 104 pages, can someone please tell me if my dealership has to replace my front tires due to excessive wear on the insides of the tires (feathering)? The dealer has rotated the tires in the front and said this is all they can do and it's normal for this type of car to have this type of wear. FYI they just replaced my front brakes again and shaved the rotors.....I have 13.5K miles
Old 01-20-2004, 09:55 AM
fuzzwart

Originally posted by ricka
I dont know if this is acceptable......but without reading all 104 pages, can someone please tell me if my dealership has to replace my front tires due to excessive wear on the insides of the tires (feathering)? The dealer has rotated the tires in the front and said this is all they can do and it's normal for this type of car to have this type of wear. FYI they just replaced my front brakes again and shaved the rotors.....I have 13.5K miles
The dealership does not "have to" replace your tires but they do have the power to do it under warranty as per NNA. Some tire wear can be attributed to the Z being a "sports car"; however, but not to this degree.

Find another dealership if possible as the degree of cooperation greatly varies.