Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Braking probs caused by tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:24 AM
silverstoneTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Braking probs caused by tires?

Not too long ago some idiots slashed my two front tires causing me to replace them. Since I live in New York where we do get snow and my only car is the Z, I decided to not buy RE040s again (not to mention that they're really expensive which got me mom really angry) and instead got Continental Extreme Contacts. The problem was that they don't make the tires in the exact same sizes so the front tires are 245 and 40 I believe. The car has been having no problems for a month since I've put them on but two days ago I began to hear a noise when I braked like the front brakes were grabbing metal without any pads and were just causing a bad noise that wasn't just a squeak. I only noticed this in the front right tire but yesterday it sounded as if the noise was running down the car to the back.

My dad wanted me to check to see if the tires could be responsible.

Thanks for any help.
Also, what do brake pads for the car cost if anything? Could they be worn out after only 13000 miles?
Old 12-06-2003, 10:57 PM
julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not likely the tires. but do check the pads. i read on the board the rears have kind of short life spans.