Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Why (or HOW) are my windows linked up together?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM
d3vil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why (or HOW) are my windows linked up together?

I tried searching .. but there are WAY too many threads about window problems...
Yes, I think i have the motor problem, but I have another question.

I bought this car in early 2011. its a 2003. its old but in great condition.
one REALLY weird thing is though... is that when we open our doors, the windows roll down about 1cm, right?

When i open the driver side door, the passenger side window will ALSO roll down 1cm. and same goes when i open the passenger side door. BUT it will never roll down twice...

when i have my keys in the ignition still, if the passenger side door is opened, the annoying beeping/alarm comes on..

im pretty sure this is abnormal. i'm guessing the previous owners wired the two doors/ windows together... but where the hell can i start looking .. how is this even possible to begin with?

Please help if you can.. i'm really bad with electrical

THANKS A BILLION. thanks for reading, have a wonderful summer.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:52 AM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both windows have wiring going to the drivers side door because you have switches for both windows in that door. The reason they are going down is because when you go to open the door the windows will roll down slightly to allow the door to open or close but will only do this if the windows are rolled all the way up. They need to be reset though so they only roll down a little bit and not half way down. Search for window reset and you'll find out how to do that its not hard though. You'll want to replace the motor while your there also.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

One window should not affect the other window - only the window on the door being opened should come down 1 cm or so. Never heard of this problem before
Old 08-01-2011, 11:49 PM
d3vil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redman333
Both windows have wiring going to the drivers side door because you have switches for both windows in that door. The reason they are going down is because when you go to open the door the windows will roll down slightly to allow the door to open or close but will only do this if the windows are rolled all the way up. They need to be reset though so they only roll down a little bit and not half way down. Search for window reset and you'll find out how to do that its not hard though. You'll want to replace the motor while your there also.
it doesnt come half way down
my problem is both windows coming down together at all times (even when only one door is opened)
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah well that is odd. Your best bet is to probably take the drivers door panel off and see if there is anything obvious.