Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

clear liquid dripping from front right of 350z

Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 AM
OkashiZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it means your car is happy to see you. she's all wet.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
m3a5g0

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101
yes n no. Theres nothng in your car that will really get you poisoned bad from a tiny taste. Your livers a tough bastard.

do not ingest.

As with other things in life.. smell it before you put your mouth on it bahahah.
ew NO! you wouldn't do that to a blue waffle would you? google it if you don't know.....but it's NSFW!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM
DaveJackson
Master

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
I'm a bit surprised I'm the first person who's posting this little nugget of wisdom, but....

DUDE! Never, ever, EVER taste any fluid leaking from your car. You can't possibly do anything much more stupid than that.
As stated by others, get off the ledge, man!! It's not like it could be plutonium and one simple taste conclusively determines the product. Way, way less than even a quarter of a teaspoon. I'm pretty sure that's well under the LD-50 for even gasoline.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:42 PM
stratonick

@dholmblad - Just had this problem occur last night, EXACT same symptoms. Check this out - I was driving home on a four-lane superhighway last night, and a tractor-trailer apparently took out a deer a few miles up ahead in such a way that 3 legs, the head+neck of the deer, and a LOT of blood was all that remained.
Unfortunately it was strewn across the 3 center most lanes, and by the time i saw it @ 70Mph......it was too late, i FULL ON drove into, and directly over the already-mangled head with the front right "passenger-side" tire.
About 1/2 mile later i arrived at my buddy's place to inspect if there was any damage, and aside from the blood, i had 1. partially disconnected fendergaurd (the black plastic insert between the tire+chassis of the car), and 1. consistant "dripping" from the exact area that you described with your car.
When i got home (thought it was the water pump!) i noticed a huge puddle forming slowly over a 2 hour span that night.
Def. cant identify this clear-liquid either, but i can ASSURE you that my A/C was not on at any point that day.

BIG thanks to Winchman, for the internal description of the reservoir for the windshield washer, being under/behind the front bumper - my stress-level has now diminished slightly!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:38 AM
hekler

Default same issue

i have a 2003 touring edition 350z, 50k miles new to me, i have the same issue but i live in the San Francisco bay area, meaning i never run my a/c, if you look under the right front wheel well there is a mounting clip with three steel tubes that run up into the engine bay and towards the back of the car, that is where the odorless tasteless colorless liquid is dripping from. my first thought was a/c condensate but I NEVER RUN THE A/C ant other suggestions? it is not coolant (is not sweet and delicious)