Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Slave cylinder fail ? again ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 07:49 PM
srsairbags

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Slave cylinder fail ? again ? ?

I have had my Z (07 HR manual) for about 2 years now (50k miles as of now) . . . it had the slave cylinder recall performed before i bought the car (30k when i bought it). . . and this is the first time ever that this has happened to me . . here is what happened

In 1st, got the car rolling. Disengaged the clutch, gave some more gas (actually 4-5k) and the clutch cuts out completely without any indication. I have no power to the wheels, there is no clutch pedal pressure, i smell clutch burning all over the car. I panic and park the car, check for smoke underneath the car and dont find anything (no smell outside either). Start the car back up (after 5 mins) and am able to shift and everything ,pedal pressure is back but i feel its a bit less than before (pedal feels light) . . . . also am getting clutch burning smell during random times while i drive, regardless of whether clutch is engaged or not.

Car feels normal while driving . . (am scard to launch or anything from now) . . has the slave cylinder gone bad again ? ? would it help if i got a clutch bleed done (havent done it since i got my car) ? ?
Old 01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

50,000 miles and I assume that the clutch is OK.

But if you are smelling the clutch, that is fiction when the pressure plate attempts to mate with the flywheel. It shouldn't be. You may want to inspect the clutch plate.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:51 AM
srsairbags

Originally Posted by davidv
50,000 miles and I assume that the clutch is OK.

But if you are smelling the clutch, that is fiction when the pressure plate attempts to mate with the flywheel. It shouldn't be. You may want to inspect the clutch plate.
thanks for the reply . . .the smell has now gone down . . . am still scared of launching the car hard . . . just wanted to know if this issue was cause of the slave cylinder or something else
Old 01-31-2012, 03:07 PM
srsairbags

i know that the CSC on 07-08 HRs is pretty bad and goes out in 40k miles or so . . . i just want to knw what are the symptoms of a bad CSC . . . . anyone ? ? ?
Old 01-31-2012, 03:44 PM
tkuntz

my question is, im in Canada and i have extended warranty on mine but it can only be claimed in the US... how do i know if mine has been replaced on this recall or not? or were the 07 nismos part of this recall?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:41 PM
srsairbags

Originally Posted by tkuntz
my question is, im in Canada and i have extended warranty on mine but it can only be claimed in the US... how do i know if mine has been replaced on this recall or not? or were the 07 nismos part of this recall?
actually recall history shows up on carfax and other vehicle history report . . . . you can allways check if your VIN falls in the recall range . . best yet . . just call nissan USA up and they will look up the vin to see if recall was done . . . . but good luck with the extended warranty thing . . . usually they are a pain to claim if at all ever they pay
Old 02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
tkuntz

Originally Posted by srsairbags
actually recall history shows up on carfax and other vehicle history report . . . . you can allways check if your VIN falls in the recall range . . best yet . . just call nissan USA up and they will look up the vin to see if recall was done . . . . but good luck with the extended warranty thing . . . usually they are a pain to claim if at all ever they pay
sounds good, thx for the tips... yea i hope i don't ever have to deal with any of the original parts falling apart on me in the for seeable future ha.