Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

over heating and leaking issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM
uriciolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default over heating and leaking issues

so i have a 2004 350z convertible and today i was on a conference call in front of my dr. office for about twenty mins with the ac on. it was about 90 degrees out here in florida. after about 20 mins i noticed the temperature gauge was at h and the car started idling really low. i turned it off and got out and there was coolant all over the ground. i let it sit for about 30 mins and when i came back out to start it i backed out and the car completely died. popped the hood checked the oil checked the coolant let it sit for an hour. started it up and it start kinda of rough and then started working fine. i checked the fans and only one of the fans was working. i don't know if this is normal or not i drove the car home which was about 13 miles and it was fine the whole way home. anybody have any ideas. i think the fans are malfunctioning and the coolant just started to bubble over out of the reservoir. as for the car not moving at first i though i blew a head gasket cause i had the car running and i don't know how long it was over heating for. or maybe it has a safety feature were if the coolant is to hot it won't move. my friends BMW m3 has this same feature. does anybody know.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM
uriciolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way when i checked the coolant and the oil they were both fine.