Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Time to fix dent on my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012 | 08:33 AM
tilacnu

Originally Posted by Xzero
So we will start off light.

Here is my bumper that someone rubbed up against then drove off while it was parked on the street in front of my house.

That was $1000.
They had to replace the rear bumper & prep/paint the new one.

This is from when a Mazda3 hit me when they tried to blindly exit from an alleyway between 2 parked cars..... $4200 in damages, they had to replace the quarter panel, prep/paint then blend the door.

My bumper had less damage than yours and it was deemed unfixable by the insurance company, needing replaced. The quarter panel is around the same damage & mine was replaced.

I have a feeling that bodyshop is going to cause you more hassle than anything for a $900 bill, at first...

Same here. I had around 10 very small dents on my right rear quarter panel after hitting a tie strap on the road last year. It was also $1100 as they have to pull the dents then prep/paint the panel then blend the door.

EDIT: I bet the last owner went through this already & rather than pay for the proper job fixing it, bought a set of cheap brake lights off ebay(judging by that damage, it looks like the light was smashed) & sold the car.
I went to other places and there were one auto shop that was like the best in town. Even the guy there estimated only $1400. I saw his works and he was really professional. I am temporary living in Harrisonburg, VA for school here. Maybe because it's a small town so the price is cheap? I don't really know why it is that cheap here?

The last owner is a *****. He sold me the Z for cheap price and he did not even clean the interior. There were drugs inside.
Old 03-24-2012 | 08:37 AM
tilacnu

Originally Posted by Al Kapwned
Didn't like the answers you got so you made your pics private?
Lol no. Here's the pic of the side and the back of the car.