Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window Problem (motor is new)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Bret86944

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Problem (motor is new)

I'm trying to troubleshoot a window problem on my passenger side. Recently, the window motor went bad and I replaced it. It worked perfectly for a month or so. One day I got in and it would not go up or down at all, even when the door was opened. A couple days later, window works perfectly. Another couple days goes by and the motor will not move again. No warning. It has not moved since. When I hit the switch I hear it click, but the motor makes no attempt to move the window. My first guess is a bad wire somewhere. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Steven Sampaga

I had this problem before, are you sure the motor does not respond? Try testing the motor plugged in and see if it rotates.
If it was a motor replacement, it could be a rebuilt motor. If it is, just open it up and clean it lol. I hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Bret86944

I've tried pushing on the window while hitting the button. It does not even budge. I guess I'll pull the door panel off and see if I can find a bad wire. I hate electrical problems...lol
Old 03-26-2012, 08:38 PM
RussianAccent

Originally Posted by Bret86944
I've tried pushing on the window while hitting the button. It does not even budge. I guess I'll pull the door panel off and see if I can find a bad wire. I hate electrical problems...lol
It is probably the motor, man. I've bought a refurb'ed motor from O'Reilly's and when I put it in, it experienced the same shoddy performance. It just simply didn't work like it should.

I tried looking at the wires and stuff, thinking the same as yourself. Then just concluded that it was the motor I just bought. I hated doing that.

I went back and got another one (yours should have a lifetime warranty as well ). The new one I got still works well!

Go and get that thing replaced again.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 PM
RussianAccent

Originally Posted by Bret86944
It is probably the motor, man. I've bought a refurb'ed motor from O'Reilly's and when I put it in, it experienced the same shoddy performance. It just simply didn't work like it should.

I tried looking at the wires and stuff, thinking it was the same issue. Then just concluded that it was the motor I just bought. I hated doing that.

I went back and got another one (yours should have a lifetime warranty as well ). The new one I got still works well!

Go and get that thing replaced again.