Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Random p0300 and loss of power UNLESS WOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Padosinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Random p0300 and loss of power UNLESS WOT

Hey guys, I've got a little problem I cant quite figure out, so I figured I would get the best understanding of where to even start with this issue

Short info before explanation

03 350z with 117k on body
06 vq35de non-revup

Situation

I've been driving my car for 314 miles since I had my engine put in. Since then, it's been a constant nightmare with sensors that were either bad, not connected, and even (in the case of my crankshaft position sensor) completely missing. I've just about finished it up when one morning, I started my car, started driving to work, and had a complete lack of power. I noticed as I was going uphill, I could barely make it, but when I pushed the pedal past about 3/4 down, the power snapped right back and I launched just as hard as normal. When I got to work, I hooked up my scanner and saw there was a p0300 code. I cleared the codes, drove home (<15 miles) and hooked up the scanner again just to see there was no code except the power steering code and the upstream o2 code which I already knew about and was about to fix. I continued to drive the car (still acting like ****) and didn't get the code until the next day when I started it. I tried putting injector cleaner and a fuel stabilizer but it didn't really seem to change anything.

I really don't know where to even begin, any help would be much appreciated
Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Padosinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*bump with update*

So randomly going through the forums, I noticed a bunch of people with similar symptoms with the p0300 code, so I decided to start knocking this out.

Things I did

Cleaned MAF

Replaced vacuum from intake to valve cover (ironically helped with oil pressure that was reading close to zero everyday ((figured it was the opsu but was horribly wrong so apparently I had no oil pressure for like 3 days)) )

Replaced driver side Manifold o2 sensor (pulling heater code)

The car itself seems significantly better, but the problem is still there and the code is still being pulled. So tomorrow I'm getting my buddy's z over to try out his MAF sensor to see if the sensor is completely shot.

Still, any advice would be much appreciated, but I'll keep trying to figure this out so someone can benefit from my bad time haha