Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Leaking sound after drifting

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

We may have a real life Takumi Fujiwara on our hands...
Old 10-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Get it on a lift, for your safety I hope this was on a track or I see a DUGAN thread in your future
Old 10-25-2012, 12:10 AM
end of z world

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone tell that fat ken block to buckle up before he flies out the windshield and kills someone
Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 AM
La_Fiebre

If all your fluid levels are ok, and the car drives fine let it be. Give it a couple days recheck everything. . And get away from this thread as soon as you can before you get duganated.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:16 AM
Haptic

Didn't realize everybody here liked to judge people they don't know for doing something they have no clue where or how they do it. I thought this community was supposed to be very friendly but apparently the majority of you are 50+ who have never pushed their car above 3,000 RPM'S. That or you're just a bunch of Hippocrates who run their car hard by racing it and then act like drifting is the equivalent to robbing a 7/11. Very disappointed in the unwarranted disrespect, i'm sorry you think that drifting is the devil but you should try to grow up and not be so judgmental.

Last edited by Haptic; 10-25-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 AM
Haptic

To those of you with the advice; i appreciate it. At least all of you aren't so bad. I'm new to this forum and i was unaware the vast majority of you hate drifting. I don't see why, maybe you think my car is busted up and has scratches galore but it doesn't and it never will. I care about my car very much and i take good care of it and just because i like to push it doesn't mean i'm a shitty person. Even if i was you shouldn't jump to conclusions and flame me when you don't know a damn thing about me or how i treat my car.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:56 AM
kingdom

Originally Posted by Haptic
Didn't realize everybody here liked to judge people they don't know for doing something they have no clue where or how they do it. I thought this community was supposed to be very friendly but apparently the majority of you are 50+ who have never pushed their car above 3,000 RPM'S. That or you're just a bunch of Hippocrates who run their car hard by racing it and then act like drifting is the equivalent to robbing a 7/11. Very disappointed in the unwarranted disrespect, i'm sorry you think that drifting is the devil but you should try to grow up and not be so judgmental.
Im not sure if youre new to forums or really the internet in general but people tend to be extremely judgmental behind the protection of their computer monitor.

Its actually very interesting and if you wish to learn more look up a guy named Tom Postmes who is a psychologist who has devoted his life to "the topics of social influence, the formation of group norms, collective action, intergroup conflict, perceptions of discrimination and oppression."

Sorry for derailing your thread. To answer your question I have only had my Z for a little over a month and I remember when I first got it I was very surprised at how much "dripping noise" there was, like you're describing. I wouldnt be surprised if your car always made that much noise its just that you happened to notice it now.

If you check your fluid levels like someone else has said youll be fine.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 AM
kingdom

To those of you with the advice; i appreciate it. At least all of you aren't so bad. I'm new to this forum and i was unaware the vast majority of you hate drifting. I don't see why, maybe you think my car is busted up and has scratches galore but it doesn't and it never will. I care about my car very much and i take good care of it and just because i like to push it doesn't mean i'm a shitty person. Even if i was you shouldn't jump to conclusions and flame me when you don't know a damn thing about me or how i treat my car.
Plenty of people on here love to drift, but they do it on closed courses. Street racing or anything of the sort is generally frowned upon because you're endangering innocent peoples lives. Not saying that you do that but that's what people will assume until you prove otherwise.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:02 AM
oldschool350z

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Drift KING!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Haptic

Originally Posted by kingdom
Im not sure if youre new to forums or really the internet in general but people tend to be extremely judgmental behind the protection of their computer monitor.

Its actually very interesting and if you wish to learn more look up a guy named Tom Postmes who is a psychologist who has devoted his life to "the topics of social influence, the formation of group norms, collective action, intergroup conflict, perceptions of discrimination and oppression."

Sorry for derailing your thread. To answer your question I have only had my Z for a little over a month and I remember when I first got it I was very surprised at how much "dripping noise" there was, like you're describing. I wouldnt be surprised if your car always made that much noise its just that you happened to notice it now.

If you check your fluid levels like someone else has said youll be fine.
Thank you for the information. I'm not a liar and while it isn't really anybodies business but my own, i can assure you that where i drift has no people whatsoever, is very open, is not a parking lot, and is private property for which i have permission to access. I understand that concern however there is no need for being utterly rude and ignorant when they really don't know where or how i do it and are jumping to conclusions. Im interested in the sport of drifting and i like to do it as safely as possible, if you have ever been to St. Petersburg FL, you would realize there isn't a drifting track for at least 100 miles, So i have found a good alternative.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Haptic

Originally Posted by oldschool350z
Drift KING!
Wow i didn't think i was that good but thanks. (:
Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 AM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The sound is the welds on your intake manifold. They blew out your floor board on te passenger side. We're u granny shifting? Not double clutching like you should?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, we don't need to know anymore details to attack you. You were drifting in a Z (a ****** Z for Christ sake. Not soem old beat-up 240, a friggin Z!and you refuse to divulge where you did it. That alone makes you stupid and guilty.

Recently, there has been a phenomenon of idiot noobs joining this site and asking stupid questions after they did something stupid. You just joined that group.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OP needs to get banned. I can already see he offers nothing to this community.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM
end of z world

Bah ban
Old 10-25-2012, 09:39 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This needs to be