Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Misfire cylinder number 2 and noises

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Misfire cylinder number 2 and noises

I had recently purchased an 03 6 speed touring with 90xxx miles which seemed to have no mechanical problems apon purchase. A few months down the road after dd it I recently threw the cylinder 2 misfire code , twice . At idle I feel like some one is knocking on my motor sounds like a stumble but I read somewhere that this noise is caused by somthing else ? I'm not sure but anyways I replaced the plug which looked a little black and switched the coilpack from cylinder 2 to cylinder 1 thinking It may be that since alot of people said the coil fails . Light went off and after a few days came back on . Scanned it and still coming up as cylinder 2 misfire ? Car seems to run and pull like a train non the less .
So my questions are why would it throw the code twice and what else do you guys think it may be ? And how should I attack the problem ? I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but everywhere I've read simply said plug or coil pack , but in my case that didn't seem to solve it . Any help would be greatly appreciated , btw today or tomorrow I'm going to do a compression test on that cylinder just haven't had Time to pull all the lugs out to do so .. Can I just pull one plug and the ignition fuse so it cranks but doesn't start ? I really don't have dealer cash so I'm trying to do this on my own incase someone decides to throw that answer for a solution out there . Also the light comes and goes and have been driving with it like this for about a good two months . Thanks

Last edited by NOLAGG; 03-27-2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Edited
Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone ?