Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Shutting off after hot start

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Alpha_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shutting off after hot start

Hey guys I have a slight problem and I think I know what it is, but looking for some confirmation. I have a 03 Z and 2 days ago my service engine light came on. I pulled the code with my AccessPort and it was P0302 - Misfire in Cylinder 2. I didn't notice anything or it running rough so cleared the code and all was fine. Started it up yesterday morning no problems and no SES light. Left work yesterday and started up like normal, parked at the bike shop came back out and started my car and it started up then immediately idled out and shut off. Started it up and it did the exact same thing. The 3rd time I gave it a little gas and it was fine. Drove home without any problems. This morning it started up perfectly, but after I pulled into the parking lot I shut it off and tried to start it up and it died out again. Seems like it only shuts off once I try and start it after it has been running and warmed up. I am thinking this is a coil pack issue, but what are your thoughts? Thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 05:30 AM
andre81k

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have the accessport on my 08 and when I start it after its been running the idle drops really low for a quick sec, but has never shut off tho and no SES light. I have maybe thought it's the startup tune when the car is already warmed up.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:53 AM
RedLine_ZR

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

samething happened to me after installing both jwt popchager and and the 5/16 spacer and disconnecting the battery. it basically had to reprogram itself. it would turn off on hot starts unless i gave it a little gas. itll go away after using it some time. it took me about a month? i believe dont really remember but about 2 weeks ago i installed a new clutch/flywheel and had to disconnect the battery and it happened again =( just have to use it until it fixes itself lol