Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Timing Over Advanced Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 11:15 AM
350znoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So crazy loss of power uphill. Like bad. Smells like fuel badly uphill. Code p0021 p0014 p0011 p2A00 p0850
Old 09-17-2016, 11:37 AM
350znoob

4500 rpm car seems to sputter the worst. Jumpy like it just hits a platau of power loss. Rpms go but no power uphill bad gas smell no power. Clogged filter? Maf?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 PM
350znoob

Ok so checked fuses. Everything checked out ok. But after fuses being checked car runs way better cel was off. After driving a while beating on it. Cel back on. Now as i was checking under the dash i noticed this wire hanging. Traced it back and it plugs in to the aftermarket oil cooler setup. Could both these sensors be the cause of the problem? Can i wire the aftermarket sending unit to the stock wires? Or maybe the aftermarket oil cooler setup is making the pressure seem different from where its at. Cause it has more space? Anyway gonna clean all the fittings and plugs tomorrow. Probably just replace the fuses cause some didnt look to good but were still in one piece. And take the dash out and ho from there!
Old 09-19-2016, 07:20 AM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 350znoob
Ok so checked fuses. Everything checked out ok. But after fuses being checked car runs way better cel was off. After driving a while beating on it. Cel back on. Now as i was checking under the dash i noticed this wire hanging. Traced it back and it plugs in to the aftermarket oil cooler setup. Could both these sensors be the cause of the problem? Can i wire the aftermarket sending unit to the stock wires? Or maybe the aftermarket oil cooler setup is making the pressure seem different from where its at. Cause it has more space? Anyway gonna clean all the fittings and plugs tomorrow. Probably just replace the fuses cause some didnt look to good but were still in one piece. And take the dash out and ho from there!
It would probably be best to go back to the stock sensor if you can, and stock everything else. As far as I know the ecu does not use the oil pressure sensor, it's only for the gauge and idiot light. You're probably doing the right thing checking every electrical connection also. I hope you got a good deal because this thing is a complete basket case as are most flooded cars.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:06 AM
350znoob

Yes i got a good deal lol. And ok so the stock sensorvis still there and wired and working but this other one is there

See the little sensor up top the black ring? Its not stock. Starts out 2 wires then goes 1 almost immediately
Old 09-19-2016, 06:28 PM
rancor

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Yes i got a good deal lol. And ok so the stock sensorvis still there and wired and working but this other one is there

See the little sensor up top the black ring? Its not stock. Starts out 2 wires then goes 1 almost immediately
If it doesn't go anywhere you could unplug it, it should not be effecting anything. But wow there is lots of oil everywhere. It would be a good idea to clean that and figure out where it coming from. Maybe take the oil cooler off if you dont need it for now.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:32 PM
350znoob

This is a pic i recieved from the O.P. in this thread in 2k13. Lol. So thats long been taken care of. So i tried finding any ****ed up wires no luck. Cleaned all the sensors and plugs and even tried a different maf and no luck. Car runs way better now though actually pulls through the power but still sputters slightly. Car is dam reliable for having this issue lol.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:50 PM
con_man16

Default Same issue

This is a pic i recieved from the O.P. in this thread in 2k13. Lol. So thats long been taken care of. So i tried finding any ****ed up wires no luck. Cleaned all the sensors and plugs and even tried a different maf and no luck. Car runs way better now though actually pulls through the power but still sputters slightly. Car is dam reliable for having this issue lol.

Ok, some i read through this entire thread, im having the same codes with the timing over advance. I tried everything in this post and my car will barely rev. Even replaced the harness,sensors, etc. Literally everything in this post (except the alternator). But i still get the same result. What did you guys figure out? Im ready to get it on the road. 2004 roadster 105185 6mt. Anything will be greatly appreciated. I know this post is dead
Old 02-20-2018, 09:40 PM
fahadco80

Hi guys,

I have a newly built engine, the isses I am having is the crazy sputtering (like a popcorn machine) and the low oil pressure (only when WOT)

Please help

Regards

Fahad
Old 02-21-2018, 09:15 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Did you build the engine or did a shop do it?
Old 03-26-2020, 12:37 AM
Dali84

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by fahadco80
Hi guys,

I have a newly built engine, the isses I am having is the crazy sputtering (like a popcorn machine) and the low oil pressure (only when WOT)

Please help

Regards

Fahad

Has anyone ever figured this issue out, I've had an engine swap on mine and I developed this issue. I'm 100% certain that it's a missaligned flywheel. Can anyone confirm this before I pull the tranny out. I know that this post is dead but I'm trying my luck. Hehe
Old 05-04-2022, 08:35 PM
RodKnock

Originally Posted by Dali84
Has anyone ever figured this issue out, I've had an engine swap on mine and I developed this issue. I'm 100% certain that it's a missaligned flywheel. Can anyone confirm this before I pull the tranny out. I know that this post is dead but I'm trying my luck. Hehe
Just did a swap and have the same issue and it’s the only issue , cars drives with low power. Cranks up fine, even idles fine . Almost certain it’s the flywheel, doing that this week.