Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

What repairs has your Z needed since you've owned it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 06:07 PM
tampa_joey

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

dec 2016 bought my 2005 touring coupe with around 101,000 or 110,000 miles
(yeah-i am bad with numbers)

actual repairs needed-
radiator cap
radiator fans
A/C compressor
drivers side door handle (the dreaded won't open from outside thing)

stuff i upgraded from due to needing to replace anyway-
engine under tray from plastic to the aluminum one.
brakes from standard to Willwoods (calipers, rotors, brake lines)
wheels from the 7 spoke standard - to the Rays 5 spokes ones
tires from worn out to... hmm..something i think that MicVelo recommended.
nose piece -due to serious pitting and stuff.
floor mats- i am 2nd owner- and i am pretty damn sure previous owner was a red headed professional woman who loved her high heels.
(the wear on the mats- plus finding long red hairs under the seats every time i vacuumed the car out)

upgraded just for fun-
kept factory stereo/tape deck- added a MTX Thunder Amp that i took out of my 95 grand am sometime back in 2005.... added a sub box w/2 10 inch speakers and a capacitor... and tossed in the cassette adapter that i also took from the 95 grand am so i could play my music via cell phone via the cassette player

now up to 130,000+ miles.

on the list to be taken care of-
that damned differential bushing that gives such grief.
the damned front lower ball joint that requires you to either buy everything attached to it or take your chances with what you can find as a replacement.

and then since i rather do things in one fell swoop rather than repeat the same actions over and over- i am reading up on what other things i could just go ahead and take care of when i have the differential dropped and the front end tore up to replace the ball joints.
Old 05-26-2018, 01:25 PM
superd806

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 350z

I have replaced both solenoid covers-p0024 p0014 codes $1400,ignition coils $280, trunk struts $40,Bose stereo-3 times in two years,no more Bose stereos for me,I will go aftermarket
Old 05-26-2018, 01:41 PM
jimbucks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Owned my 2006 MT Roadster Touring since April 2017 when it had 19k miles. Now has just under 23k miles. No repairs needed.
Attached Thumbnails What repairs has your Z needed since you've owned it?-350z.jpg  
Old 05-26-2018, 04:31 PM
Gs_350z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I’ve had my ‘07 for 15 mos now, 63k miles today.
4 TPMS sensors, rear hatch struts, tires and now waiting for my replacement rear hatch latch.

Last edited by Gs_350z; 05-26-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Cracka350

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm at 185,000 on my '05 Touring coupe.
Excluding tires and fluids I've done the following.

Lower control arm bushings and balljoints (what a b*#^!)
Radiator
Trunk struts
Drivers side window motor.
Lower center console
Used stock muffler
Crankshaft position sensor

What it needs:
New midpipe and muffler due to rotting at the collar
New differential bushings
New cam chain tensioner
New upstream o2 sensor
Old 06-25-2018, 01:53 PM
Macheesemo

Originally Posted by xbitterbanana
Driver/Pass window motors
Both rear vents
Trunk Seals
Door weather stripping(both sides)
Front struts
SRS module
Windshield
Clutch+flywheel w/ cylinders
Motor mounts
Amp on the Radio

40k 2008 nismo

All oem components that failed...SMH...
was your door stripping on the outside or was it the upper weather seals in the inside?
Old 03-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Dan Garcia

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

after 10+ years of trouble free operation, i have replaced the drivers side window motor. next in line is the front windshield
Old 03-22-2019, 09:51 AM
Cracka350

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Garcia
after 10+ years of trouble free operation, i have replaced the drivers side window motor. next in line is the front windshield
Mine is covered in tiny chip marks. I wonder what it would cost..
Old 03-22-2019, 03:17 PM
Dan Garcia

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts

that depends on your insurance, there are some window replacement companies that will even refund your deductible.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:29 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Cracka350
Mine is covered in tiny chip marks. I wonder what it would cost..
Originally Posted by Dan Garcia
that depends on your insurance, there are some window replacement companies that will even refund your deductible.
Back in the day, some insurance companies did glass replacements with no cost to the insuree. Safety item and all that. I doubt this still exists but as Dan points out, not a bad thing to check with your insurance company.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:01 PM
PsiKiK

'03 Touring bought in 2015 with 53,000 now has 105,000

New clutch according to seller (pre-purchase 2015)
PS axel sensor (fall of 2016)
DS window motor (Fall 2018)
Pennies added to trunk pop lifts (Fall 2018)
Both trunk lifts (Spring 2019
PS Camshaft sensor (Spring 2019)

Next:
1. Slave cylinder (clutch is very spongy and not engaging correctly)
2. Rear PS tire pressure sensor stops reading 10-15 minutes after driving. (new tire sensor last month with install of new tires. needs troubleshooting.)

Last edited by PsiKiK; 04-02-2019 at 01:05 PM. Reason: forgot info
Old 01-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Desert Z

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

06 track
I have owned it for 4 years

front LCA/ball joints busted
radiator neck broke on OEM radiator

Will need a new master cylinder since pedal gets softer in a hot day. I have done SS line, new clutch, RBf600, etc etc

This could have been avoided but I autocross the car. Other that that it's been solid and reliable.
Old 01-06-2020, 03:46 PM
CFAUVEL

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

hmmm Since 2014 when I bought it...Bought it with 136K Miles, now has 189K miles

Battery
VVT solenoids (probably didn't need to though)
Passenger camshaft position sensor
both rear wheel bearings
steering wheel clock spring
a few ignition coils
a/c condenser (flat bed truck was dumping concrete waste on the interstate, a chunk got my fender and condenser)
a/c condenser (new jersey road salt ate away a joint)
clutch slave cylinder
complete muffler system including y-pipe....previous owner lived in Jew jersey...just rusted away
window motors (both sides)

Still enjoy it.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:32 AM
Z33_G

Been on this Forum for a year but this is my first post. Every question I've had regarding my car has been on here somewhere. My journey started in August of 2019. This month marks the one year anniversary of ownership. 2008 350z base model. When I got the car she had 66k and bone stock. First order of business was a full service. 3 weeks in I noticed a little problem with the oil pressure. Lol everyone's heard about (except me at the time lol) and I found out about the HR's oil gallery problem. We'll within the 1st month of ownership I had the whole front end of the car and front of the engine torn down. REPLACED EVERYTHING!

You can see the pesky little guy in the 2nd pic. Took me a weekend and a few cases of brew. Really got to know the car and how she works. Then for the next few months she ran like a top and enjoyed her. Then.... My clutch went out... But not in the way MOST clutches go out. The damn master went straight to the floor on my way to work. Had to float all the way back home and miss all red lights lol. Fun. So with a bunch of research and a new master I decided on the RJM preformance clutch pedal assembly. GREAT PRODUCT!!! If you drive a 350z/370z or G equivalent get yourself one before your next stupid riceboy mod! Amazing pedal feel and modulation. No more over stressing the master and works a treat. Now I'm on a roll. I was so impressed with the clutch mod I wanted to make the car better. Next thing I "repaired" was removing all the dash pieces and refinishing everything painted from factory. Installed a full sound system myself and got the windows tinted. I was happy... For about a month lol. ART pipes. Found luckily on offer up. Dude posted and about 15 mins later I was the first responder. I've been on the hunt for these damn TP's since I bought the car. Well I got em finally so naturally after the art pipes I bought the first exhaust I liked (in picture and on YouTube). Epic fail. I got the agency power single. MOST ANNOYING AND OVERLY LOUD DAM FART CAN OF AN EXHAUST! looked cool tho.... Had it on my car less the a week and sold it. Put my name on motordyne's waiting list and should have my TDX2 by the end this month. my buddy has this system and it sounds epic. DONT GO OFF YOUTUBE!! <- Read that again. When searching for an exhaust most, if not all guys, look on YouTube and make their decision there. Dumb. A video doesn't do jack when it comes to sound. That's what I did and I wasted time uninstalling my stock only to reinstall my stock system.

So for now I'm just waiting on parts to arrive in mail. They include a KBD N3-r bumper, paint matching my color code for bumper, vicrez skirts, Z1 adjustable UCA's, rear camber and toe kit, eibach pro-kit lowering springs, and spacers. <- I know springs and spacers aren't the best but hey when they blow out my stock struts I'll get some coils.

That finishes my story on repairs and mods. I'll update when I get parts. Here's a couple pics of my car as she sits.

^^^ this one is just a cool shot lol

Edit: after posting I remembered that I also had to replace the driver side window motor and actuators. Twice. In one year. literally the only thing I hate about this car.

Last edited by Z33_G; 08-12-2020 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-03-2023, 05:43 PM
Marchog

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have owned the z for almost 5 years it's a 2003 base model. It has 180000 miles I got it with 145000

Outer tie rods,shocks, upper and lower ball joints,an assortment of bushings(basically the entire suspension wear parts)
Starter,alternator, 4 coilpacks(ended up just replacing the other 2)

Heater core,a/c compressor, a/c pressure sensor, oil pressure sensor,washer fluid pump, washer fluid hose.
Cv-axle boots, diff gasket, valve covers, rear main, throw out bearing.

Radiator twice(got a koyo v-core now), condensor(had a bmw blow its u-joint in front of me poor guy) Cooling fans(the relays for them countless times),radiator hoses, vacuum hoses.

Dome light housing,fuel door actuator, hatch latch, shift ****(tried out an aftermarket **** and it broke taking it off),a handful of clips for the interior panels, same with the ones under the hood, door handle(drunken brother)

Fender liner(lowered life), windshield, A pillar trim(safelite broke it), tweeter pods(got the car with them broke), bumper cover(giant racoon), rear fender and mud flap?(a truck tapped it)

Headlights(now have 07-08 hid's), Gauges randomly don't work and randomly a high pitch noise from the dinger(both fixed by just turning the key of and back on never figured it out)

Mufflers(they were aftermarket that came with the car the welds broke), stock resonator(welds on the inside broke

Engine (got my oil changed for the first time ever at a shop and they didn't tighten down my drain plug)

Transmission(got that beautiful cd001 3rd gear grind if I shift quickly into 3rd unless the trans has been fully warmed up)

I truly question the prior history of this car. The Sideview mirrors have stickers that say objects in mirror are loosing and when I bought the car I noticed on the way home the oil pressure was low. Turns out after driving for about 30 minutes the pressure would drop to 5psi at idle and 15psi at 2000 rpms.