Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

My 0300 CEL experience

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
irocandroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 0300 CEL experience

Hi guys n girls,

I though I would share my aggravating exp with this 0300 code and how mine was resolved.

Starting back a year ago I would have hot start problems, runs great cold, turn off and leave for 30 min and I would start it up and instantly it would die. Id crank it again and give it gas then it would idle fine. This would come and go randomly. Later it started to stumble and shake for a few min on hot starts, id give it some gas and it would go away. I took it to the dealer but could never repeat it on demand (of course)! I would never get a code either!

I couple weeks ago it started shaking hard, really misfiring bad and threw a 0305 code (5th Cylinder misfire), I switched out the coil and spark plug myself....no change. So I took it to the dealer. They said my fuel injector was bad and replaced it, charged me a small fortune The problem went away but the idle still wasnt right, the dealer said they did a idle relearn and it will adjust just give it time.

Yesterday, the misfiring happens again! I was so mad No way i blew 2 fuel injectors in 2 weeks! This time it threw 0302, then it cleared itself and threw 0300. I took it to a local shop and the guy said your throttle body has really bad carbon build up, #2 coil died, and did a new set of NGK Platinum plugs. Now its running so smoother than when I bought it 5 yrs ago, its amazing!!!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:52 PM
jtbinvalrico

Sounds like the guy at your local shop started with the basics.....it's so often the basics.

You had this car since new, or used? Mileage? Sounds like you can turn a wrench.......Job 1 should be to get every wearable item replaced, up to date, or on schedule.

Glad you got it running right.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 PM
irocandroll

I bought my 2004 Touring Z used, it had 50k on it after 5yrs, very clean! Dealer also replaced the tranny a few months after I got it, it was having some issues so they replaced it for free. Car has 89,000 miles now, I dont drive a ton, my job is close by.

I used to be a Camaro guy, had 3 of them...fav was a 88 Iroc-Z, thing was a beast! but all gave me trouble, learned a few things working on them. Got the Z and never looked back, lol! This 350z has been very reliable, I havent touched it other than oil changes, Lower control arms and brakes.

I have a little extra money now so I am going to start replacing items before they crap out