Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Parking Lights, Tail Lights Broken. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 05:04 PM
silverstoneTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Parking Lights, Tail Lights Broken. HELP

I was putting in Ares' LED taillights in the license plate holder and for some stupid reason I forgot to turn the lights off as I put in the other LED light. Then both the front parking lights and the license plate lights went out.

I checked the fuse box and checked almost all of them but they all look fine. What could be causing this? I don't want this to be some big problem.

Please help
Old 02-04-2004, 05:14 PM
silverstoneTT

Last edited by silverstoneTT; 02-04-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:30 AM
acidburn

Unhappy

I bought some LED parking lights and installed them without any problems last night. This morning I turned on my lights to admire my handy work and the left one will not turn on. I checked all my other lights and they all seem to be working correctly. I have already emailed ARES about the problem...I hope it's just a fuse.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
acidburn

I just got a respond from ARES and he said that the contacts have been causing some problems for people. To fix my problem I should just have to make sure that LED is seated right. I am going to try it today after work....
Old 02-05-2004, 12:46 PM
silverstoneTT

For future people with the problem I originally posted: The fuse for the parking lights and stereo is in the front just behind the battery. To get to it you have to take the plastics off surrounding the battery and fight with a black cover to get the fuse box cover off. The fuse that will be damaged is their.

Acid- yea, my LEDs are working now but it seems like the left one has a bit too much movement. I put mine in the license plate lights so its more accessible to fix. In any case, Im going to put some electrical tape to stop any movement. I am curious to hear if your making sure its in right prevents the light from not always being secure and working.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:59 AM
acidburn

I pulled out the LED and made sure that it was seated correctly and then it started working again. I made sure to push it in all the way. There is no movement from my lights...I had my freind drive in front of me and he stated that the LED's never jumped when I hit speed bumps or pot holes. I think they are perfect. I am expert now on installing them. I was able to trouble shoot it in less than 20 minutes.....