Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Clutch Squeak Noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 05:37 PM
AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Clutch Squeak Noise

When I push in the clutch pedal there is a quick loud squeak coming from the underside of the car whether the car is on or off. Sounds like it's coming from the actual pedal, like a bushing needs to be lubricated, but it's coming from under the car. It is a short squeak or groaning noise that happens when the pedal is starting to bottom out at the floor. At the same time as the noise I can feel a little vibration in the pedal. Anyone have an idea what it could be?

I was thinking the throw out bearing is making noise, but it's not a constant noise when the car is running. It's a noise directly related to pushing the pedal down. And only makes the noise when the pedal is being pushed down. The noise stops once the pedal reaches the floor.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:58 AM
AARONHL

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking through old threads and found the issue. Looks like there is a part that needs to be greased. I will try to grease it soon and report back

I have 190K on the original clutch so might just do it all soon. Seems like it's a clutch fork or picot ball that needs to be greased and may be better to replace and grease than just grease