Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

350z roadster wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 03:20 PM
aasuncion1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z roadster wont start!

Hi, everyone

Im new to the Z scene and just bought a 2004 roadster with 7k orig miles. I had it stored for about a year and during that time it was broken into and the ECM was stolen. I bought another from ebay, took it to the dealer to have it reprogrammed to my key. well, it doesnt start! No CEL. the security key isnt blinking, has fuel but no spark. I dont know where to start!!! any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-14-2015, 03:26 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

battery connected? Figured you checked... but
Old 03-14-2015, 03:55 PM
aasuncion1

Lol! Yes battery connected
Old 03-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Voodoo Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably should have not bought an ECM off eBay.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:34 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,126 Likes on 6,579 Posts

^troof
Old 03-14-2015, 07:34 PM
aasuncion1

I thought I would get some help from here. All the other forums I have ever joined, people were very helpful and informative. Thanks for all the help. If I wanted the sarcasm and B.S. I woulda went somewhere else. I now know that my350z is just a bunch of immature losers that are probably getting a kick outta telling me dumb s**t like "is the battery connected" or "shoulda bought an ecm elsewhere". Great answers guys! Have a great day!
Old 03-15-2015, 01:40 AM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by aasuncion1
I thought I would get some help from here. All the other forums I have ever joined, people were very helpful and informative. Thanks for all the help. If I wanted the sarcasm and B.S. I woulda went somewhere else. I now know that my350z is just a bunch of immature losers that are probably getting a kick outta telling me dumb s**t like "is the battery connected" or "shoulda bought an ecm elsewhere". Great answers guys! Have a great day!
1. Battery disconnected
2. Bad part
3. Bad install

You probably already knew those 3 possibilities, what else can anyone do online?
Old 03-15-2015, 10:54 AM
travlee
Master

then go elsewhere .... you get what you paid for and it is showing now isn't it?
Old 03-15-2015, 01:52 PM
aasuncion1

Originally Posted by travlee
then go elsewhere .... you get what you paid for and it is showing now isn't it?
And so U automatically think it's the ecm, Einstein? And if it isn't, then UR just another smart *** who got nothin else better to do then post smart *** answers than actually put any thought in what you're saying... I don't know but really, if U had a question about your car, or any thing for that matter, and I knew the answer, I would definitely tell you. But that's just me... and I will go elsewhere...
Old 03-15-2015, 01:57 PM
aasuncion1

Originally Posted by MatthewBouchard
1. Battery disconnected
2. Bad part
3. Bad install

You probably already knew those 3 possibilities, what else can anyone do online?
Apparently U didn't read my whole post... If I can tell U that I have fuel, no spark, no CEL, then apparently the car has power, doesn't it? What else can anyone do online? Well... Maybe somehow tell me how to figure it out for sure... I'm not familiar with nissans do I don't even know where to start. But I guess asking you guys would be just a little to much to ask, isn't it. Thanks for reading and thanks for nothing... Have a nice day
Old 03-15-2015, 02:17 PM
travlee
Master

And so U automatically think it's the ecm, Einstein? And if it isn't, then UR just another smart *** who got nothin else better to do then post smart *** answers than actually put any thought in what you're saying... I don't know but really, if U had a question about your car, or any thing for that matter, and I knew the answer, I would definitely tell you. But that's just me... and I will go elsewhere...
stfu noob. the last time i checked, it is better to be a smart *** (me), than and dumb *** (you)
Old 03-15-2015, 04:13 PM
MatthewBouchard

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Apparently U didn't read my whole post... If I can tell U that I have fuel, no spark, no CEL, then apparently the car has power, doesn't it? What else can anyone do online? Well... Maybe somehow tell me how to figure it out for sure... I'm not familiar with nissans do I don't even know where to start. But I guess asking you guys would be just a little to much to ask, isn't it. Thanks for reading and thanks for nothing... Have a nice day
Never exactly said ur car had no power, but ok.
Old 03-15-2015, 04:23 PM
350zchad

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

hahahaha...
Old 03-16-2015, 08:49 AM
aasuncion1

Originally Posted by travlee
stfu noob. the last time i checked, it is better to be a smart *** (me), than and dumb *** (you)
DUMB ***? Really? Last time U checked? Well last time I checked, anything U have said in any and all of your posts have been nothin but negative, criticizing, or just plain stupid! I mean, cmon, like UR last post to me "last time I checked.... Yada yada" that's something we all have said in like 2nd grade! And to call me a noob, what U think that's an insult? U have got to be the dumbest ***** on here! I bet U got nothin better to do than talk **** all day long to everyone here, U loser! Get a life, maybe a job, or a *****. Maybe U won't be such an *** if u got laid from a woman (or man) rather than cyber f*****g your computer! U probably don't even have a Z, just one of those dorky men who WISH THEY HAD ONE, that knows all the specs, has all the hot wheel models, but can't even afford one! So take UR delusional mind somewhere else ok SMART ***? Go and harass someone else's post, or make UR own. I can think of a title for yours... "Smart *** loser looking for dumb *** questions to answer" respond to travleeeeee! Get a life, grow up, eat a d**k, or share one with UR mom!!!
Old 03-16-2015, 09:27 AM
travlee
Master

lay off the roids little boy
Old 03-16-2015, 09:29 AM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL

Dis gon' be good.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:32 AM
travlee
Master

DUMB ***? Really? Last time U checked? Well last time I checked, anything U have said in any and all of your posts have been nothin but negative, criticizing, or just plain stupid! I mean, cmon, like UR last post to me "last time I checked.... Yada yada" that's something we all have said in like 2nd grade! And to call me a noob, what U think that's an insult? U have got to be the dumbest ***** on here! I bet U got nothin better to do than talk **** all day long to everyone here, U loser! Get a life, maybe a job, or a *****. Maybe U won't be such an *** if u got laid from a woman (or man) rather than cyber f*****g your computer! U probably don't even have a Z, just one of those dorky men who WISH THEY HAD ONE, that knows all the specs, has all the hot wheel models, but can't even afford one! So take UR delusional mind somewhere else ok SMART ***? Go and harass someone else's post, or make UR own. I can think of a title for yours... "Smart *** loser looking for dumb *** questions to answer" respond to travleeeeee! Get a life, grow up, eat a d**k, or share one with UR mom!!!
1. i had a z and paid cash for it, now have a z06 corvette
2. i do have a job and get paid quite well
3. i guarantee that i get more tail then you do
Old 03-16-2015, 09:38 AM
StuLax18
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,339 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Hello kind suh,

Do the ROM's match up between the now lost and new ECM? Did the dealer not test anything after this "programming" was done?
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

Did you check the flux capacitor?

Quick Reply: 350z roadster wont start!