Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

A little help for a beginner? Thank you very much!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 07:28 PM
PureR3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face A little help for a beginner? Thank you very much!

Hey I just picked up my 350z today, so glad to finally join in the Z family I got a manual car, never driven one before so you know as always stalled the crap out of it. Sorry didn't wanna hurt my baby but had to learn it haha. I was driving around town (my Z was rocking back and forth so many times cause I am such a crappy driver) but the last stop took place when I tried to turn into a street. The 350 just stalled then turned off completely. Battery completely went haywire and just didn't respond or turn on. The battery light was blinking and none of the lights could be turned on. So of course the battery was dead, I tried jump starting it and it would for like 1 minute then died again. This time it wouldn't even turn back on. The light would turn on when I plug the battery cables in but that's about it. Which is a good thing. So what I would like to ask is that,
1. All I need to do is charge the battery am I correct? Is there a leak or anything in the electrical system? (Sorry I am a noob feel free to bash)
2. Does stalling your car many times affect the battery, resulting in a dead battery?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:01 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Everytime you crank the engine it takes quite a bit out of the battery. Try recharging the battery and see if it holds a charge. If not, its time for a new battery
Old 05-28-2015, 08:11 PM
PureR3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, I hope thats the reason why I'll try to charge it all day tomorrow. Maybe stop by autozone and get it checked up on the battery. Appreciate it.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:55 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 1,311 Likes on 910 Posts

Any idea how old that battery is? Unless you stalled every few seconds, it may be just a matter of time before it simply won't have enough charge to start. Checking the CCA after a charge is a good idea (Autozone can do this).