Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

P1237 Check Engine Code (Please help)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Vdim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1237 Check Engine Code (Please help)

Specs: 2005 350z 95,xxx Are all 350z's set up for Cali emissions? One of my mechanic buddies is saying this car is more strict on its emission standards because it's from Cali. How do I change it to federal? Is there even such a thing?
Engine Mods: JW Pop charger.

Alright guys this is a new one to me.
I have scoured the forums for people with trouble with this code and have found nothing but one 350z that is boosted throwing this code. Since I am N/A and very close to stock I don't think anything they are doing applies to me.

So as some of you might already know P1237 is Air Fuel Sensor 1 Heater Bank 1 Code.
After reading the Freeze Frame from my U-Scan I see Short Term Fuel Trim Bank1 is at 7.0% and Short Term Fuel Trim Bank 2 is at 1.6% The Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 1 is 0.8% and the Long Term Fuel Trim Bank 2 is 2.3%

Back story: I hit a rodent and the little fella yanked my downstream O2 sensor out of the electrical plug socket. P0037 popped on and its the same side O2 sensor but the one after the cat: Bank1 Sensor 2.
After replacing the sensor and clearing the code the P0037 went away, but the P1237 came on. Coincidence?

Anyways, before putting the pop charger on, I did a stock Dyno Pull to see where I am at. I attached a picture of the chart. The guy at the shop says I run a little lean around 4k RPMs which I am starting to think now was the start of this problem.
My mechanic buddy and I are going to hook up a reader to the car that gives a little more detail to exactly what is going on this weekend. But I though I would open up the floor to this problem on here.

Sooo...
Has anyone had this problem? Possible Clogged Fuel Injector? Bad Sensor? According to the U-Scan, I should replace the CAT<----- LOL
Attached Thumbnails P1237 Check Engine Code (Please help)-dynopic.jpg  

Last edited by Vdim; 08-05-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:31 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,297 Likes on 898 Posts

All 350Zs (and different VQ variations) meet federal standards to be considered Low Emissions Vehicles (LEVs) from the factory. I've never heard of additional emission equipment being put on for Cali cars, but your car should meet all federal standards if it's properly maintained.

While it's hard to guess what the specific fault on your car is, I'd guess it's more than likely related to your 02 replacement. P1237 is an emissions control code. It has nothing to do with running "a little lean at 4K", so don't worry about the factory ECM tuning. But the diagnostic system in your ECM is working properly and once you noodle out what the problem was, be sure to post up the solution on this thread. We can all learn from this.