Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

No Heat At All

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 08:45 PM
jnthnbtha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Heat At All

Ok, I have searched for the past month and cannot find a solution to my problem. I have a 2005 350z that I purchased a month ago. Before I purchased the car I thought I tested everything to make sure it worked, well I apparently didn't. I have no hot air blowing into the cabin at all. I have flushed and changed out the coolant, bled all the air out, both lines coming out of the firewall are hot, changed the thermostat with a factory thermostat as well as changed the blend door actuator.. When I change the temperature from 60 degrees to 90 you can tell the air changes to a different temp, but never gets hot or even remotely warm. Nothing seems to be the fix. I've read where some people rev their engine and get warmer air; doesn't work for me. Has anyone experienced this or know what else I could try? I'm at a loss.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:56 PM
jtbinvalrico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've got no overheating issue then it's likely that your coolant change went well.....You say you've put a new blend door in as well. Perhaps it's the ribbon cable connecting the rear of the climate control to the underdash. I had a small kink/break in that cable which made the AC not want to work.....did minor surgery to the cable and it runs fine now. Think of a ribbon cable, much like the clockspring ribbon cable in your steering wheel, and equally susceptible to breakage. In the case of your climate control unit, the ribbon cable could be mangled during stereo or electronics installs.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:44 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Have you had any BCM codes pulled? This one has me wondering as well...