Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

No start issue - 04 MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 05:37 AM
DewsZ12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start issue - 04 MT

I've been working on this for awhile and hoping to get some help to get my 350 running again.

Here is the current status with more background following.

Cranks but won't start. Getting spark, fuel delivery seems fine, security light blinks but is not solid. Only current code is for crank sensor.

Before the issue started, I replaced both upstream O2 sensors (to resolve sputter during warmup), and spark plugs.
After getting things back together at first it wouldn't start so I checked everything again and after several more attempts it did start and seemed to run fine.

Drove it home and the next morning it would only crank and not start.

Tried the following to fix the issue:
Swapped each coil to make sure I didn't damage any, replaced both Cam sensors and crank sensor. Confirmed it wasn't getting spark, so I sent the ecu to be checked. Company confirmed the ecu had a hardware failure and they rebuilt it.

Installed the rebuilt ecu and is now getting spark and getting data from obd port to torque app. Still won't start and giving code for crank sensor.

Tried swapping the old crank sensor back in and still the same. (The new sensor is the round metal design, original is the flat edge plastic design)

Should I get another crank sensor that is the same design type as oem?

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for reading my long post.