Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window Roll Down/Up Timeout

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:56 PM
nzl_truly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Roll Down/Up Timeout

Hey guys,
Just wondering what could be the issue could be if my windows do not roll down after the engine has recently been turned off. It can only roll down when the keys in. I've spoken to my Z friends and they've shown me it works on theirs for a period of time after the engine has been shut off.

I have searched and I can't find a relevant thread or result on Google. It keeps coming up with threads relating to "Window goes up and then back down." and "resetting windows".

'04 350z Touring

<3<3<3
Old 12-16-2018, 05:26 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,062 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by nzl_truly
Hey guys,
Just wondering what could be the issue could be if my windows do not roll down after the engine has recently been turned off. It can only roll down when the keys in. I've spoken to my Z friends and they've shown me it works on theirs for a period of time after the engine has been shut off.

I have searched and I can't find a relevant thread or result on Google. It keeps coming up with threads relating to "Window goes up and then back down." and "resetting windows".

'04 350z Touring

<3<3<3
The feature that you're describing is the "retained power operation." Power should be supplied for 45 seconds (RAP signal period) when the ignition is switched to OFF from ON or START.

The feature can be disabled or changed through CONSULT-II from none to 45 sec. to 2 min.

FSM recommends checking the 1) retained power setting, 2) door switch check, 3) replace BCM.

The following users liked this post:
nzl_truly (12-16-2018)