Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Cruise question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 06:46 PM
SnaykeByte

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cruise question

So the back story is as follows:

I ordered from Z1 Motorsports the steering wheel switches and pedal switches for OEM cruise on my '06 base 350. Installed everything and sent the ECM for a reflash to enable cruise control and when I got it back the cruise did not work. Check all my connections, pedal switch positions. everything I could think of and found nothing wrong. Called Z1 and told them what was going on and they said to send the ECM to them and they would see what was going on. I sent it in and they said they installed it in a car with factory cruise and said it worked perfectly. I got it back today and upon installing and a test drive, it didn't fix itself. I just recently got the car and am currently trying to undo all of the past neglect and problems it has to put it back into shape. I just ordered wheels and skins as well as new TP sensors because the right rear does not read according to the instrument panel. My question is, could the faulty TP sensor be telling the ECM not to engage the cruise? I asked Z1 about this and they told me it has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure I agree with that. Any thoughts and or comments about it? Thanks for reading!...............-Curtis
Old 05-24-2021, 04:22 AM
timeltel

Received 177 Likes on 123 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...oem-parts.html
Old 05-24-2021, 06:35 AM
SnaykeByte

I preciate the link, I read the entire novel and I didn't see any reference to my issue, did I miss something??.....................-Curtis
Old 05-24-2021, 09:19 AM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by SnaykeByte
So the back story is as follows:

I ordered from Z1 Motorsports the steering wheel switches and pedal switches for OEM cruise on my '06 base 350. Installed everything and sent the ECM for a reflash to enable cruise control and when I got it back the cruise did not work. Check all my connections, pedal switch positions. everything I could think of and found nothing wrong. Called Z1 and told them what was going on and they said to send the ECM to them and they would see what was going on. I sent it in and they said they installed it in a car with factory cruise and said it worked perfectly. I got it back today and upon installing and a test drive, it didn't fix itself. I just recently got the car and am currently trying to undo all of the past neglect and problems it has to put it back into shape. I just ordered wheels and skins as well as new TP sensors because the right rear does not read according to the instrument panel. My question is, could the faulty TP sensor be telling the ECM not to engage the cruise? I asked Z1 about this and they told me it has nothing to do with it. I'm not sure I agree with that. Any thoughts and or comments about it? Thanks for reading!...............-Curtis
The TPMS has nothing to do with cruise. I haven't had TPMS sensors in 10 years and have used cruise every day. I would double check your switches and make sure they are functional. If the switches are functional then I would borrow an UPREV cable and data log the cruise buttons and pedal buttons to see which button is not functioning correctly.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:11 PM
SnaykeByte

Default ***update***

Got irritated and tracked down every wire in the control circuit for the cruise and found a pin in a connector that was pushed out from the factory, had to be. Put it back in correctly and VIOLA!! Cruise works fine now............-Curtis
The following users liked this post:
GreyZ (06-02-2021)
Old 05-24-2021, 07:13 PM
SnaykeByte

Just talking to myself