Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Low oil pressure on idle - oil light comes on when warm - need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Spedcola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low oil pressure on idle - oil light comes on when warm - need help

Just bought this 2007 350z about a month ago, the previous owner hadn’t changed the oil pressure sensor so it was broken.

Replaced it with one from autozone and this is where I started to see the oil light. Would only come on when at a stop light when warm, oil gauge drops to close to 0. Goes away once you accelerate,

I thought the problem was with the sensor so I replaced it with an OEM one. Did not fix it.

so, I’m starting to accept it’s the gallery gaskets but is there anything else I should try before attempting this task?

we just changed the oil and filter today, did not fix the problem.

we let it run for 10 min and it slowly dropped to 0 and the light came on, the rpms and oil gauge bogs down a little bit and makes a weird sound like it’s struggling to circulate the oil.

if anytime who has this problem can help me with this I’d really appreciate it!

the car has 108k miles, just bought a code reader to see if anything comes up. Thanks
Old 01-03-2023, 07:00 PM
Sukiishername

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spedcola
Just bought this 2007 350z about a month ago, the previous owner hadn’t changed the oil pressure sensor so it was broken.

Replaced it with one from autozone and this is where I started to see the oil light. Would only come on when at a stop light when warm, oil gauge drops to close to 0. Goes away once you accelerate,

I thought the problem was with the sensor so I replaced it with an OEM one. Did not fix it.

so, I’m starting to accept it’s the gallery gaskets but is there anything else I should try before attempting this task?

we just changed the oil and filter today, did not fix the problem.

we let it run for 10 min and it slowly dropped to 0 and the light came on, the rpms and oil gauge bogs down a little bit and makes a weird sound like it’s struggling to circulate the oil.

if anytime who has this problem can help me with this I’d really appreciate it!

the car has 108k miles, just bought a code reader to see if anything comes up. Thanks
Did you end up fixing the problem if so was it in fact just the gally gaskets?
Old 01-09-2023, 06:39 PM
EJohn

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sukiishername
Did you end up fixing the problem if so was it in fact just the gally gaskets?
When my 07 HR had this problem. Changed the sensor, so did the gaskets, chains, tensioners, oil pump, water pump, and thermostat, that was at 160000, now have over 250000 mi no problem after changing all the parts. Had this Z since new. Maintenance I guess is the name of the game.
BTW....oil pressure returned to normal after all the work.

EJF