Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Fuel leak top of tank passenger side and A/C not cold

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2024 | 06:51 AM
ArchieMoney

Question Fuel leak top of tank passenger side and A/C not cold

I just bought a 2007 350Z with some issues.

Problems - Gas leaking from the top of the gas tank rear passenger and A/C not blowing cold air.

Fuel problem

I smell fuel in the cabin. When I went to fill it up to full it leaked out a bunch of fuel all over the ground on the passenger side. It was NOT leaking out of where I was filling gas so I investigated the fuel pump gasket behind the passenger seat. There was signs of it leaking from there. I jacked the car up from the driver side and gas spilled out the top of that tank so I'm sure its the gasket or fuel pump nipple.

Fuel problem possible fix
The hose was just pipe clamped to the nipple of the top of the sending unit(?) fuel pump(?). So I want to put a quick connect there to ensure that that isn't the issue. I also ordered a whole fuel pump with a new gasket and fuel pump. Do you guys think that will fix the problem? If it doesn't fix it I will probably start looking at the fuel tank.

A/C Problem and possible fix
For the A/C, I checked the refrigerant the other day and it was full. This car has been sitting for a while so I'm unsure if it just has to get purged and refilled. However, I don't hear a relay clicking when I turn on the A/C so I assume that's the issue so far. What else would I have to look into for the A/C?

Wrote this all in a hurry, I will update my fix and possibly upload some pictures.
Old 09-20-2024 | 04:45 PM
icer5160

For the fuel issue. It sounds like someone busted the original fuel line with O-ring and safety lock. I would replace that line. It's also possible whomever messed with it, didn't install the fuel Pump O-ring seal correctly, so I would be prepared to replace that as well. I would stick with the OEM quick disconnect fuel hose design. It works perfectly so long as you understand how to safely disconnect it without breaking it.

The A/C issue could be a number of things. Make sure the A/C pressure switch is wired up properly (plugged in, no faulty wiring). These pressure switches can prevent the compressor clutch from engaging if the refrigerant level is too high or too low. I would also check the fuses for the AC system. If the wiring and fuses check out, it could be a faulty control box or relay. I would recommend taking to a pro for a quick diagnosis vs. trial and error or firing the parts canon.
Cheers!
-Icer