Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Is it Possible to Change the Tires WITHOUT Damaging the Rims??

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Todd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is it Possible to Change the Tires WITHOUT Damaging the Rims??

Well, I finally took my car in for the feathering issue a few weeks ago and the first thing they had to do was swap the front tires and do an alignment. Then if the noise still remainded, I could call NNA and beg them for 2 new front tires. Well, the swap didn't of course do any good but they damaged the damn rims in several places (scraps, gouges, and scratches). I then called NNA and they agreed to replace the front tires (at 13,200 miles BTW) and I showed the damage to the dealership and they said they would get it fixed. Well, they had to send the rims off to some place that fixes rims and I was without my car for almost 2 weeks while they were fixed!

So, I got my car back yesterday and guess what, it looks like when they put the new tires onto the fixed rims, they scratched one of them up again in several spots and took a small gouge out of the other!! On top of this, they scatched the back deck lid in a major way and appear to have scratched the rear window in several spots!!! My guess is something fell on it! To top all of this off, my steering wheel is no longer on straight after the alignment and they didn't fix it. Needless to say, I am pretty pissed at the moment....
Old 03-21-2004, 01:38 PM
the O.Z.

I feel your pain... I had my rim damaged badly when I took it in for service. It was only a week old too. VERY ANGRY
Old 03-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats horrible service. I would fight this untill i am paid for the damages.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:06 PM
350ed
Professional

Scary. Sorry dude.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:18 AM
G-Nite

Call this lady if you need your rims repaired - see my post - they can help find thier counterparts in your city............

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=66640
Old 03-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Todd

Well, the rims were fixed extremely well, but when the dealership put the tires back on, they were damaged again. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, the dealership called today and they are going to replace the rear window and have the paint fixed as well as the rims again. I guess we'll see what happens. Should I try to get anything else out of them over this mess?
Old 03-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Todd

Well, the rims were fixed extremely well, but when the dealership put the tires back on, they were damaged again. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, the dealership called today and they are going to replace the rear window and have the paint fixed as well as the rims again. I guess we'll see what happens. Should I try to get anything else out of them over this mess?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:51 PM
boxsterkiller

I thought I was the only one , but I guess all Nissan dealers service sucks. Had front tire feathering problem waited 4mo for back ordered tires went they put new tires they scratched the outer lip on my rims. I also find that they send them out across the street to firestone tire shop, because they did'nt have the machine for the 17" rims. WTF. Anyways they gave me a hard time saying that it was enviromental (rocks from road) and some other idiot said that it was beyond his control and you could help not scratching the rims. I even went with the service advisor across the street so they could show me the process on taking the tire of the rim. I was not convinced I spoke to the manager and he said some NNA rep was coming down and to see him that he had the force to get me two rims. The rep was a no show because it was MLK B-day (jan) I guess. I guess they saw my frustration a knew that if I was told to come back I would have pissed me off more, anyways they were able to order me two new front rims which just arrived since jan. Anyways I going to hav eto be a dick and tell them if I could watch them go the swapping of rims so they do'nt **** them up again. It should be noted that they have also scratched and marred my panels, broken clips, greasy fingerprints, scratched strut tower bar, scratched kick plate, inner finisher, .... as well as other Zroblems. Anyways do'nt let your self some incompetent and lazy Nissan tech ****ed up your rims and depreciated the value of your car. Good Luck