Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Dent in quarterpanel, anyone get dents popped out on their Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 07:28 AM
supirio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent in quarterpanel, anyone get dents popped out on their Z?

I have a fairly large dent (don't think its from another door) in my lower quarterpanel, possibly a rock?? Not sure what it is, but the paint is not scratched or taken off, its just a one inch dimple. Can the body shop usually "pop" them out with those popper kits they have or should I just leave it alone?
Old 04-07-2004, 01:14 PM
NOZ4U

I had a dent repaired two weeks ago using a paintless dent guy. He came to where the car was and it took a little more than 2mins. The ding was right on the body crease on the p-side door. He didn't use a "popper" but a rod that he stuck down the door and worked the dent from the inside out. Came out perfect.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:33 PM
supirio

Originally posted by NOZ4U
I had a dent repaired two weeks ago using a paintless dent guy. He came to where the car was and it took a little more than 2mins. The ding was right on the body crease on the p-side door. He didn't use a "popper" but a rod that he stuck down the door and worked the dent from the inside out. Came out perfect.
Ok I'll definately look into it tomorrow thanks, how much was total?
Old 04-08-2004, 05:27 AM
NOZ4U

If varies but mine was $75.00......for 2mins of work. But it was well worth it.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:15 AM
s9am_me

would it be $75 a dent?? i want to take out 2 big door dings i have
Old 04-08-2004, 09:51 AM
supirio

Originally posted by s9am_me
would it be $75 a dent?? i want to take out 2 big door dings i have
I doubt it!! I bet most of the $75 was driving out to the location and all, probably $25 a dent after the initial 75?? Just guessing but most of that money was going towards the driving and time spent to get there.. Just make sure you ask up front so the story doesn't change when they get out there..
Old 04-08-2004, 10:27 AM
NOZ4U

Actually....like any product or service you buy, you get what you pay for. I'd be kinda reluctant if some charges dirt cheap prices for something so delicate. Would you pay Maco $250 to paint your car?
When I originally bought the car (Brand New) there were two litte (and I mean little) dents on the rear hatch by opposite the wiper. They had a paintless dent guy come out and fix it. This guy did more harm than good and I was pissed. He really didn't fix the dents either and he left little clear coat scratches in the finish. Needless to say when I was looking for someone to fix the recent dent, I ended up getting that same guys number and he only charged $30 a dent. So I could either pay $75 and have it done right or pay $30 to not have it fixed correctly.
I asked him if I had several dents if it was $75 per dent and it said no. Depending on how many dents there are, he'll usually charge a flat rate i.e. he did another 350Z that had around 30 dents throughout the car and only charged the guy $500.00. Now that's just this guy but he said most paintless dent companies are like that. He said the best thing to do is get a couple of people together that need dents fixed and it'd be cheaper if he does it all at once. We have serveral people in our club that have dents and he said he'd come to our meeting and fix them all for one price.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:25 PM
s9am_me

thanks for the info
Old 04-09-2004, 01:24 PM
350zluvr

Did this guy have to take the door apart to get in there, or is there another way that it can be done?
Old 04-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Tantrum Z33

I just got a small dent repaired on my door by Paintless Dent Removal shop and they charged me $130 dollars to get it out. I wished he would have charged me 75 dollars. But what the heck its NyC... Even a slice of pizza is expensive.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:16 AM
NOZ4U

Originally posted by 350zluvr
Did this guy have to take the door apart to get in there, or is there another way that it can be done?
No. He had what looked like a door stop that he wedged in the window opening just a lttle. He then took a metal rod with a flat end (almost looked like a 2ft flat-head screw driver) and he stuck it down the door through the window opening. From there, he just worked out the dent. It was almost seemless. If the dent had not been on the door, I'm sure there would have been a different method because there wouldn't be a way to get behind the panel.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:17 AM
hugo1669

Originally posted by NOZ4U
No. He had what looked like a door stop that he wedged in the window opening just a lttle. He then took a metal rod with a flat end (almost looked like a 2ft flat-head screw driver) and he stuck it down the door through the window opening. From there, he just worked out the dent. It was almost seemless. If the dent had not been on the door, I'm sure there would have been a different method because there wouldn't be a way to get behind the panel.
I had a door ding 2 inches behind my drivers door. I had three different paintless guys look at it. The first two didn't want to attempt it but the third got it out. He drilled a small hole in the inner wheel well and went in that way. The fender came out perfect. Just make sure you get a guy with good references.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:38 PM
ThreeFitty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone in northern Va. with paintless dent removal questions or need an estimate give me a call @(571)233-1681. We have over 10 years experience.

Ask for Jason
Old 04-22-2004, 10:21 PM
350zluvr

Originally posted by ThreeFitty
Anyone in northern Va. with paintless dent removal questions or need an estimate give me a call @(571)233-1681. We have over 10 years experience.

Ask for Jason
I love you avatar! Looks very visually proportioned + the fact that its a silverstone only improves the entire scene .
Old 04-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Beaker02

I have a thread on this subject when I worked on mine.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=71161
Old 12-17-2013, 03:01 AM
charlesgrove

The dent in lower quarter panel of your car will pop out easily by Fine Line Paintless Dent Removal. I have been regular customer of Fine Line Paintless Dent Removal and it provides expert services that will makes your car as brand new. It has done a good work on my auto body needs. It offers wide range of auto body services including collision repair, car painting, body work, dent removal, scratch removal, vehicle towing and all the other kinds of damage repair services that your car may need so, I recommends you to must visit Fine Line Paintless Dent Removal.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:29 PM
timhazlewood

Originally Posted by supirio
I have a fairly large dent (don't think its from another door) in my lower quarterpanel, possibly a rock?? Not sure what it is, but the paint is not scratched or taken off, its just a one inch dimple. Can the body shop usually "pop" them out with those popper kits they have or should I just leave it alone?
well i owned a reputed auto body shop so hopefully i can give you some good insight. the dent will most likley be pullled out using a slide hammer and then body filler will be shaped to make it clean. the whole quarter would be blended with the yellow and then clear coated. At a decent shop ur lookin at about 800-1200$ of work.