Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

AC problem, HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:30 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy AC problem, HELP!

I went a basketball game this afternoon and I got stuck in the traffic in the parking lot for like 30 mins. and my AC started blown hot air and I turned it off and then turned it back on and just got hotter and hotter. After the game I started my car and turned my AC back on and it works fine again. Anyone encounter this problem before?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Zenvy

Default Re: AC problem, HELP!

Originally posted by HaNkYs_Z
I went a basketball game this afternoon and I got stuck in the traffic in the parking lot for like 30 mins. and my AC started blown hot air and I turned it off and then turned it back on and just got hotter and hotter. After the game I started my car and turned my AC back on and it works fine again. Anyone encounter this problem before?
yup

the AC works a lot better after the car has been driven a mile or two. annoying problem...comes and goes
Old 07-07-2004, 06:14 PM
HaNkYs_Z

so you saying that this is normal if AC blowing hot air in the traffic jam?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Zenvy

so you saying that this is normal if AC blowing hot air in the traffic jam?
my AC usually blows hot air if the car engine has just been started. if i turn on the AC when the car is in a traffic jam (when it wasn't turned on before) sometimes it blows hot air. I have no clue why this is but it happens
Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I think there is an inherent defect in our AC. There is a white plastic box that is attached to the three climate control ***** by a thin white ribbon cable. I believe it is called the BCM (the "something" control module). I can't recall what the "B" stands for.

If there is any kinking or jostling of this ribbon or of the box itself, there seem to be episodes like this. I have seen it posted before.

After I installed my computer and two FM modulators (for my XM radio and for my computer), I had the same problem. It only happens periodically but it is somewhat annoying when it does.

Have you played around with anything behind the center console that could have done this?
Old 07-08-2004, 11:27 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Nope, never touch anything. It just weird, it was cold the whole time and then all the suddenly just started blown hot air and gott hotter and hotter and they small too. I got this car for yr. and half now, but this is the first time I encountered this type of problem with my AC. Wonder if there is something that I can do to fix this? I drove my car a lot since that day just to see if I can get that same problem come up so I can bring it to dealer, but its been all good so far, no problem.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:59 AM
jpc350z

Default Re: AC problem, HELP!

Maybe your electric cooling fan (front of radiator)is not coming on.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:49 PM
MonkeyBoy

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
I think there is an inherent defect in our AC. There is a white plastic box that is attached to the three climate control ***** by a thin white ribbon cable. I believe it is called the BCM (the "something" control module). I can't recall what the "B" stands for.
It stands for Body
Old 07-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Monk: Get your mind out of the Z-Babes thread will ya!
Old 07-09-2004, 08:11 AM
julian

If there's no airflow over the condenser, the a/c pressures can get too high and the pressure switch will keep the compressor off so you won't blow up your system. if you're a/c works when your car is moving your system should be ok.