Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

engine sounds like it might be missing???//Trans question also!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004 | 05:35 AM
bgwillyis300

Default engine sounds like it might be missing???//Trans question also!

well i just bought the car yesterday.

when sitting at a idle the engine is spitting and sputterin very slightly.

i dont know if thats just normal for this car but im doubtin it.

also the trans seems to be very loud. Especially when shifting gears...like when standing there and watching the car drive away i can hear the person shifting gears. even when they are a block away.

the guy that had the car before me had gauges up the A pillar...and broke some of the compartments inside. Like the cupholder and ****. what a tool...but nehow the gauges almost worry me that he might have had a turbo on the car. Or been turning wrenches himself. im sure he was an idiot when it comes to DIYen.

it just makes me worry that nissan might not cover my car!
its an 03' w/15k miles.

one more question it has the brembo brakes. But i think it is an enthusiasts model.

Im thinking he might have bought the brakes himself and put them on. But im not sure. I do know the brakes are squeaking every once inawhile.....is that normal for brembos on the 350Z?
Old 07-11-2004 | 01:45 AM
doozyj

Default Re: engine sounds like it might be missing???//Trans question also!

Originally posted by bgwillyis300
well i just bought the car yesterday.

when sitting at a idle the engine is spitting and sputterin very slightly.

i dont know if thats just normal for this car but im doubtin it.

also the trans seems to be very loud. Especially when shifting gears...like when standing there and watching the car drive away i can hear the person shifting gears. even when they are a block away.

the guy that had the car before me had gauges up the A pillar...and broke some of the compartments inside. Like the cupholder and ****. what a tool...but nehow the gauges almost worry me that he might have had a turbo on the car. Or been turning wrenches himself. im sure he was an idiot when it comes to DIYen.

it just makes me worry that nissan might not cover my car!
its an 03' w/15k miles.

one more question it has the brembo brakes. But i think it is an enthusiasts model.

Im thinking he might have bought the brakes himself and put them on. But im not sure. I do know the brakes are squeaking every once inawhile.....is that normal for brembos on the 350Z?

Engine is normally quiet like what you said. You car is most likely a TRACK model. The Rays wheels were probably sold or traded. Suprised you don't know more about the car you bought.
Old 07-11-2004 | 08:34 AM
bgwillyis300

well im a car dealer so i bought from a dealer auction.

there is know no owner there to tell you about the car, just a rep from the dealer that the car was traded at.

and im thinking its the TRANNY now that is making a lot noise at idle.

what you talking about selling the RAYS wheels? the Volks are still on the car. now what happened to the forged alloys that come with the Track models i dont know.
Old 07-13-2004 | 02:30 PM
bgwillyis300

bump
Old 07-16-2004 | 05:50 PM
jomaxum

You are not susposed to be driving 80MPH. The manual says to slow down if you hit 80mph. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!