Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Nissan's BS!!! and my tire feathering help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 11:52 AM
mlemieux137

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan's BS!!! and my tire feathering help

So i brought my car in for maintenance, etc....and from reading the posts i was 100% sure that i, like others, was expierencing tire feathering. They told me they are going to replace my front two tires but, that every 7,500 miles (inbetween oil changes) i will need them to flip the front 2 tires. If i remember correctly Nissan is suppost to fix my front suspension, so i dont need to rotate the tires. is this correct? Weston Nissan has lied to me before and i caught them when they scratched my rims, thats why im so inquisitive. thanks guys
Old 07-21-2004, 12:25 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

moved
Old 07-24-2004, 09:35 AM
bosotheclown2002

Consider yourself lucky, I purchased my '03 350Z from the same dealer ( actually the first car sold out of the new location on 12/30/02 ) and I have had my car in twice for feathering. I was told to swap my front tires with "every" scheduled oil change ( 3500 miles ), and thats Bull Sxxt. The only reason they are even suggesting this rediculous tire swapping ( at the owners expense ) is to slow down the tire feathering before they have to replace the tires again.

I do not drive a lot so I only have just over 11000 miles on it with the original tires replaced at 7000 miles. The current tires are feathering on the outside and I will get them replaced before the end of the year and the extended warrenty runs out.

If they ( Nissan ) do not come out with a fix soon I will probably jump on the Lemon Law band wagon also.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:10 PM
mlemieux137

yea this is the second time it has happened to us too....the third time it happens u can claim the lemon law correct?
Old 07-26-2004, 06:47 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mlemieux137
yea this is the second time it has happened to us too....the third time it happens u can claim the lemon law correct?
I know in FL its 3 times, and then you have to contact the person in charge in writing.

Id go ahead and bring it in again as soon as you experience ANY feathering at all.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:20 PM
grifferjr

Default Re: Nissan's BS!!! and my tire feathering help

Originally posted by mlemieux137
So i brought my car in for maintenance, etc....and from reading the posts i was 100% sure that i, like others, was expierencing tire feathering. They told me they are going to replace my front two tires but, that every 7,500 miles (inbetween oil changes) i will need them to flip the front 2 tires. If i remember correctly Nissan is suppost to fix my front suspension, so i dont need to rotate the tires. is this correct? Weston Nissan has lied to me before and i caught them when they scratched my rims, thats why im so inquisitive. thanks guys
the TSB's and even the latest extended warranty that came out in april say nothing about Nissan fixing the suspension. They do include new tires if yours qualify according to their new measuring devices, and with the new tires an alignment as long as its done on a hunter machine. they will not do anything to the suspension. some owners from way back when even before this extended thing say that they fixed their tire feathering with an aftermarket suspension like the S-tune. i on the other hand have only had the new tires on and the alignment and that was last december about 14k miles ago and havent had the feathering since. trust me i check too about every other wash. good luck.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:08 AM
iceco1d

It seems to me that everytime I read a Z problem on here and contact my dealer, they "haven't heard of the problem." Oily windows, gas cover, trunk release, and tranny grind. So for the past week i've been researching and comparing pics...and I definitely have the feathering as well. I just want to be sure before I bring up yet another unknown problem to them, that this SHOULDN'T come as a surprise.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:28 PM
cpoe52

Default Re: Re: Nissan's BS!!! and my tire feathering help

Originally posted by grifferjr
the TSB's and even the latest extended warranty that came out in april say nothing about Nissan fixing the suspension. They do include new tires if yours qualify according to their new measuring devices, and with the new tires an alignment as long as its done on a hunter machine. they will not do anything to the suspension. some owners from way back when even before this extended thing say that they fixed their tire feathering with an aftermarket suspension like the S-tune. i on the other hand have only had the new tires on and the alignment and that was last december about 14k miles ago and havent had the feathering since. trust me i check too about every other wash. good luck.
icecold:

Yeah, right your dealer never heard of it. I had to print out the TSB and show them and copy before they replaced my front tires.

Another sign of front tire feathering is the tire roar/growl. When braking and driving at speeds of 30 mph or less. It starts out at 15 mph and get worse!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:06 AM
jhagan

Just got my car back ,, the dealer gave me two new tires and corrected the alignmnet... All or free covered under a TSB... I didn't ask and didn't have any feathering that I could see but no more road noise... Much quieter..
Old 08-19-2004, 12:06 PM
ZRated03

I need to get my feathering resolved, but no dealer in my area has the 'equipment' to do it! What am I gonna do?
Old 08-19-2004, 07:25 PM
cpoe52

Originally posted by ZRated03
I need to get my feathering resolved, but no dealer in my area has the 'equipment' to do it! What am I gonna do?
ZRated03:

Call Nissan North America at 1-800-NISSAN1.

Tell them you can't get your problem taken care of.

Get a the representives name, their telephone contact information and the most important a CASE NUMBER.

They will tell you where to take your car to get new tires that will quiet things down a bit.

This is a know problem with our cars!