Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

passenger door won't unlock

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 05:05 PM
bigdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger door won't unlock

about two weeks ago...while washing my car...my passenger car window rolled itself down about 4 inches. i was literally spraying water on that door and watched it roll down. got lots of water inside obviously.

fast forward to last weekend. go out to run errands...everything starts out fine. go to get back in car, and GF cant open her door. i then realize the lock/unlock button does not fully return to the unlocked position, no matter how hard i push it.

take it to the dealer. they call me...sir, the lock was jammed. we un-jammed it. it's good to go. go to pick it up. try it once...works fine. try it again...won't open. take service person back out...it unlocks. i swear to her it is still broken and leave the car with her again. she tries it later on...and it won't unlock. they decide it is a bad lock solenoid, and now i have to wait for one to come in. in the meantime, my horn no longer sounds when i lock it, and the lights no longer flash when i unlock it.

damn annoying stuff.

anyone had same problem and can suggest anything???

thanks.

sean
Old 07-21-2004, 05:56 PM
dkny_boi

I never had the same problems w/ the door locks, but for your problem of the lights/horn going off when locking the car... try looking thru your owner's manual. I remember reading in there how to chg the settings so that it will flash or not flash the lights when you lock/unlock the car.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:15 PM
bigdaddy

i know you can change them, but i believe it has something to do with the lock not working. they flashed and beeped before, but not now.

oh...i forgot to mention that they did the window grease tsb last time i was in. that probably has something to do with it as well, since they undoubtedly screwed something up while they were doing it.

good news is part was suppossed to be in today, but they forgot to order it and now it will be tuesday. another weekend of no z.

sean
Old 07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

i had this problem. just stopped working all of a sudden...no reason...went in for warranty work and came out fine that day. dunno exactly what they replaced, i'll look for my papers
Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 PM
idiaz8

hate to bring up an old thread but this just happened to me and i just want to know which part to replace. I have searched lock solenoid and receive results for two different items for our car. Once being the whole assembly that connects to the door handle and the other just a white plastic square piece. Could someone please provide a picture of the correct item to replace? and also maybe a guide to replace it or take the door apart? I found that hitting the door panel a few times will fix it but will come back a few days later; Im just looking for a more permanent fix. Thanks
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 PM
MyO3Z

Glad I'm not the only one this has happened to. It works now, but just randomly stopped working for a bit.