Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

D#@M window wont roll up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 08:24 PM
ESP350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry D#@M window wont roll up!

ok, ive got an 04, and tonight my driver side window decided to roll half-way back up, then roll down hella slow and cease to make any further movements at all after I tried to get it to roll up. I cant get anything from the switch. my passenger side window works fine, but im pissed none the less. What sucks is that i have to wait till monday to get this fixed. Any ideas as to what the problem is and If i can "over-ride" the window back into an up position for the time being.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:58 PM
DRIFT
All LASER LASIK

Similar thing happened to me. Had to have the motor replaced under warranty.

In the meantime try pulling up gently on the glass while you lift the window button to the first position only. Make sure the door is open so you dont pinch your hand.

If the glass is all the way down, try bumping the door panel gently but firmly about 1/3 of the way down and pretty much in the midline. If no luck then try bumping around other places....usually further back.

Good luck. Let me know if that helps.

Old 08-21-2004, 11:24 PM
ESP350Z

no luck...ill see dealer...this is what warranties are for
Old 08-26-2004, 01:38 PM
D68enny

I just took my 03 in today for that same problem. Do not know what is is yet. Waiting for them to call me.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:55 PM
shaun03z

Originally posted by D68enny
I just took my 03 in today for that same problem. Do not know what is is yet. Waiting for them to call me.
i have the same problem just started happening to me, im po'd
i have to hold the button up or down(whatever i need it to do) then shut the door to get the motor started. wtf.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:27 PM
ESP350Z

they said its the window motor and actuator,and we're waiting for a part.........interestingly enought I ordered my nismo jacket the same day, and its here already but where are my window parts! The dealership has been cool though, I have a silverado rental they are paying for so im not too mad. I do prefer driving my Z over the rental for certain!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:51 PM
mode101

mine does the same fn thing
Old 08-27-2004, 11:19 PM
ESP350Z

ok, so now the reason my car isnt finished is because, " the part is on backorder." I know they are paying for my rental, but jeez, I WANT MY 350Z!
Old 08-29-2004, 10:13 AM
aaaaa

Originally posted by ESP350Z
ok, so now the reason my car isnt finished is because, " the part is on backorder." I know they are paying for my rental, but jeez, I WANT MY 350Z!
my car is in dealer too(exact same problem)
how did you get rental car? is it normal thing that dealer pay you rental car?

when are you getting it? did they tell you the motor was back order at first?
Old 08-29-2004, 10:04 PM
ESP350Z

The dealer offered to get me a rental, because well, I kinda made them look stupid by showing them that opening the door would requre the window to roll dow the little bit it needs to to clear the sill. When the service manager opeded the door after they "put my window up so I could drive the car until the part arrived" the window rolled down a bit as usual, then rolled it self down half way on its own. The Service manager then said, " well I guess you cant drive it like that, want a rental while your car stays with us. 2 days later when the part didnt show, the service manager notified me the car was on backorder and to keep the rental till it was fixed.
As far as the rental procedure goes, nissan gave me a PO# to give to enterprise which then placed the billing into nissans hands. I would not rent a car first and then ask nissan to pay for it.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:04 AM
sexy350z

Angry same here too!

just brought mine in this morning..window wouldnt go back up all weekend no matter where i hit it...(used to solve the problem )..so i bring it in and they all me saying its working fine! telling me i probbaly had the lock on.....I was like no way im not a idiot...its the driver side! finally they call me back saying its the window regulator .... hope that solves it...will let u know when the part is in!
Old 08-30-2004, 05:51 PM
ESP350Z

I got mine back today.....everything is fine so far. The dealership has been cool, and they have been good about letting me know teh progress of things
Old 08-31-2004, 10:55 AM
jmdrummerboy77

same/similar problem with my 03 touring, usually wont go up or down unless i mess with the door (slam it once or twice or jiggle the wiring harness where it goes into the door.} But last night it would roll up then halfway down and did this several times. Does anyone know of a TSB on this issue?
Old 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
kslerch

Mine is doing something similar. If I use the auto up feature on the driver side only, occasionally it will roll all the way up and then about 4" back down. If I then use the manual up, it works fine. I suspect the sensor that detects when there is something preventing the window all the way up, but I'm not sure. I did read something in the service manual that tells how to reset the limit switch (or something similar), but I haven't attempted it yet.

Does this sound similar to anyone else's problem?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:23 PM
sexy350z

Originally posted by kslerch

Does this sound similar to anyone else's problem? [/B]
no mine just stopped working all together..... but u should get it checked anyhow
Old 09-07-2004, 12:52 PM
liptonme

i'm having issues too. i'll fill you guys in once i get it to the dealer.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:16 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same problem, driver side door. I have an 03 with 44.5k miles. Technically, there maybe problems with warranty. My service advisor is trying to take care of this. If he doesn't I'll have to deal with NNA. It just isn't right for this problem to occur on a two year old car, regardless of the higher miles. Whatever the case, I have full confidence in my service advisor so, I guess I'll find out just how good NNA and our warranty stands up.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:05 PM
ESP350Z

we may be onto something...this many people having window problems of the same type isnt just bad luck.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
grebmohr

Sounds as tho the guides in the regulators are wearing out and causing bind up. This would explain directional reversal. Over time the motor may wear out as well, but most likely the motor is fine. I'm sure the motor/regulator is only replaceable as an assembly.

Tonight my '03 did it for the first time. As I got out my toolbox, I decided to pretend it was a Ford and slam the door to see what happend. Bingo. But the seal up feature is gimpy on the drop and makes a horrible sound going up. Kind of a PEEJORK sound with pee being high and jork being low.

Anyone got a price on this obviously schlocky piece of crap regulator/motor assembly?

Oh, by the way-Aint this a better way to do it than those old geared arm regulators?- I've had 40 year cars still rolling up and down with no probs.

sheesh
Old 09-16-2004, 09:47 AM
liptonme

i had approx 17,500 miles. i had the dealer replace the motor on warranty. i think the price of it would have been $275

Quick Reply: D#@M window wont roll up!