Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 09:23 PM
metalz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window problem

Sometimes the window gets stuck down and wont go up and vise versa...anyone else with this problem...I have tints but I dont think they messed it up because it started like a month ago and I have had the tints for like a year
Old 10-30-2004, 10:48 PM
SREED

Default Re: Window problem-won't power down

2 days ago, the driver side glass refused to go down. After reboot (turned the car off..removed key...restarted vehicle) It behaved normally until today. It failed to respond to the key fob button push and hold "all windows down" command as well. I've had tinted windows for two years. However, the "experts" who performed the roller replacement to "solve" the grease smear problem were the last people inside the door. This is troubling because we've recently had a few inches of rain..it's more likely a faulty switch or relay. Anybody else? Passenger window performs normally. The good news is "I'd rather have the window stuck up...than down!"
Old 10-31-2004, 05:19 PM
wingmanx212

Sounds like your window motor has an internal failure. Take it in and they should be able to replace it under warrenty.
Old 12-09-2004, 06:15 AM
TZ_2003

I also have had my Z for about a year. It did the same thing to me once last week. The passenger window would go up and down but the driver's window wouldn't. I waited for about 5 minutes and tried it again, it started working like normal. All this happened while I was driving. Hope this doesn't happen again. Has anyone else had this problem? My car doesn't have tint.
Old 12-09-2004, 11:22 AM
tcn75

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem, have to restart the car to have the driver window roll back up. it has happened to me 3, times already since last month. is anyone got this problem fixed ?
Old 12-16-2004, 08:22 AM
zluver

ok i have heard this is quite common among z's. when i bought mine i actually had a diff. problem with the passenger auto roll up not working properly. i would click it up, it went to the top, and rolled down about three inches. when i took it to my dealer they were kind of shocked that it wasnt the driver side window, which is much more commonly prone to problems. my problem just required the motor to be reset, took 1/2 hour and was free.
Old 12-25-2004, 08:42 PM
Road Warrior

i had this problem too...the window would work sometimes and then not so the problem was intermittant. i also did the reset and that worked but the problem reappeared after a while. i finally took it to the dealer and they reprogramed the window via the cars computer. it takes them only a few minutes and your done. if that doesn't do it than your motor would probably need to be replaced.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:49 PM
mpol99

2 days ago my window just stopped working!!! I think the **** window motor broke, IM PISSED! Now I have to go to the dealer to drop the car off, what a hassle!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:12 PM
tcn75

I wear, this window problem happened to me more than 20 times since I got the car. , I droped my car at dealer for 2 days already, now they said that the window is working fine. The problem didn't occur to them so they could not do anything. Now i have to bring the car back home. I really **** off .. Courtesy Nissan 1777 N Central Expy
Richardson, TX 75080
Old 01-29-2005, 01:10 AM
metalz

I know the window is not a big deal but it is a real inconvenience to have to take it in. Would this sort of thing register for some recall of some sort.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:20 PM
jmaldonado

Its funny, it happened to me before I left for out of town...Im going to drop by the dealer on Monday...its annoying.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:39 AM
MrGraphics

I've had both my motors replaced now. First the driver's side started acting wonky - but a solid "punch" in the middle of the door would make it go up again. That was an easy one to show the dealer.

Then about 6 months later the passenger side wouldn't kick down when I opened the door. That's a really bad sound to hear when you close your door (glass hitting the door jam). But it was extremely intermittant.

When I took it into the dealership, I sat there for 10 minutes winding the window up and down until I reproduced it in front of the representative. New motor in passenger too now.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:42 PM
metalz

How much did the whole shabang run you mrgraphics?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:02 PM
tcn75

Courtesy Nissan is suck, eventhough I prove in front of the reprsentative that the window does not going up or down, he still doesn't want to change the motor. He said it needs to be tested and find out what happen. The problem is when they bring it to the lab, it works again .... wtf
Old 02-28-2005, 12:37 PM
bixby

Yep. Took mine in twice for this. The first time they distroyed my tint & had to repair it. The "fix" lasted about a week. Finally replaced the motor the second time. A total of 4 trips to service to get it fixed (they had to order the part each time).
Old 03-11-2005, 10:47 PM
MrGraphics

My fixes were all done under warrantee - so far so good.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:20 PM
spdu4ia

mine stuck ... and it was the window regulator, and motor. Both replaced under warantee in 1 hour. dealer tried to tell me that it was the tint... then i told them it had been on there for almost 2 years and they could shove it. then they proceeded to warantee it. be firm
Old 03-13-2005, 06:31 PM
tcn75

dealer changed the motor and now it works fine. the only probelm is the window does not roll down 10mm then I open the door. It only rolls down a little bit .. like 1mm.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Edison_Chen

Originally Posted by tcn75
dealer changed the motor and now it works fine. the only probelm is the window does not roll down 10mm then I open the door. It only rolls down a little bit .. like 1mm.

My windows goes down about 5mm...

I went to the dealer, they say its normal. They go to the Z's in the service.. and open the doors. The doors open the same amount 5mm
Old 03-14-2005, 08:50 PM
thaibud

i may be going out on a limb here, but my driver side window did the same thing. i closed my door a couple of times not realizing the window was not rolled down - causing the glass to hit the door frame. for a while, i didn't close the door until i waited for a minute or two. i went on this site, and everyone seems to have the same response - take my car to the dealer for the window motor replacement. i made my appointment with the dealership but decided to have a look at the door mechanism my self. i found the switch which activates the window motor. the black plastic cover for this switch is very sticky and has a tendency to stick to itself. therefore, holding onto the switch - causing the "system" to think the door is still closed, thus, not sending the signal to the motor to roll the window down when open or close. so, i checked every couple of weeks to make sure the plastic cover does not stick to it self - no problems since. if it makes any difference, my z is a 2005 model. hope this helps... sorry for the long response.