Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Do you still think the Le Mans color is a fad

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004 | 06:19 PM
lunartick13

Default Do you still think the Le Mans color is a fad

On some of the old threads I recall when the Le Mans color was kinda of love it or hate it color and some of you predicted that it was just a fad and maybe it wouldn`t survive kinda of like Brickyard.
Do you still fel that way today?
I personally am crazy about it, nothing like out there.
Your opinions are welcome.
Thanks,
Old 12-24-2004 | 06:49 PM
sokudo9l6

im currently looking to buy a Z and all i can say is that Leman is one of the colors i want!
Old 12-24-2004 | 06:55 PM
350zbiturbo

i love my color sometimes i wish i had black or white but then i go outside and cant stop loving my color its just so different and its one of the only cars to be able to pull off the color
Old 12-24-2004 | 07:03 PM
su3350z

i've had mine for 2 years now and i still can't get enough of seeing it!!!
Old 12-24-2004 | 07:11 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman
Premier Member

i've never really liked it, still dont. yellow/orange just aren't my thing. but i'm also not into bronze/gold rims and def never black rims no matter what circumstance. so maybe i'm just too mainstream
Old 12-24-2004 | 10:09 PM
aggiez

I hate it.

.....but then I am an Aggie...
Old 12-25-2004 | 02:11 AM
dkny_boi

I really love the colour... the other 2 choice i thought about for maybe a couple minutes were white and blue.

What does bother me is every other manufacturer now releasing a similar colour for their cars in our market. Neon, cavalier, sunfire, wave, even the rsx... i'm glad though, all of those seem a lot darker and more copper.
Old 12-25-2004 | 10:17 AM
Reggi914

I used to love it and actually wanted to buy one but i quickly grew out of it and now i dont really care for it. I dont hate it but its gotta be harder to sell!
Old 12-25-2004 | 11:06 AM
manofsteele2003

I love it but in certain shades of light it kind of has a brownish tint to it. I also don't like the fact that you can get the Sentra, Maxima and Murano in almost the same exact color.

It was my second choice but I am more than happy with the Daytona Blue.
Old 12-25-2004 | 11:25 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART
Premier Member

I wanted the Daytona blue but as I sat in the dealer doing paperwork I backed out an choose the Lemans....I love this color now and would not go back..
Old 12-25-2004 | 06:59 PM
lunartick13

[i]Originally posted by dkny_boi

What does bother me is every other manufacturer now releasing a similar colour for their cars in our market. Neon, cavalier, sunfire, wave, even the rsx... i'm glad though, all of those seem a lot darker and more copper. [/B]
I too noticed !! But the LS is by far the best I pulled over a few times to one of the the aboved mentioned, to compare makes me apprecciate my LS even more.
Old 12-26-2004 | 05:19 PM
jester7500

The first time I ever saw the Z up close in person back in winter '03, it was the LS. Needless to say, it was love at first sight and I do not regret my decision one bit. I do agree that this color is a love it or hate it color.

Do any of you LS owners regret getting this color???
Old 12-26-2004 | 06:19 PM
Chicken

Originally posted by lunartick13
On some of the old threads I recall when the Le Mans color was kinda of love it or hate it color and some of you predicted that it was just a fad and maybe it wouldn`t survive kinda of like Brickyard.
I'm not sure if Brickyard (or red wine colors) are a fad, but I know what you mean about the LSunset. Have you ever seen some God-aweful color on a car (think 70's) and think to yourself, "Years ago, this puppy was sitting on a lot and someone said... THAT'S IT! THAT'S the color I want!" You wonder what the hell they were thinking.

I don't think the LSunset is a bad color. It is a "different" color, especially for a sports car, but not bad. I'm not sure what it will seem like 30 years from now.

I had a hard time choosing a color. There are those who know what color they are going to get, often these people wouldn't get any other color. Maybe they have other black cars and really like it, so they get a black Z to match (so to speak).

As I said, I had a hard time choosing. First Z I saw was CS, and I really liked the car and the it looked great in CS. Then I saw blue ones on the web (OOooOoOooOooOOoOo!!!) and waited until a dealer got a blue one in. Saw it and wasn't that jazzed. Back to the CS and that's where I landed.

Obviously, especially for sports cars, silver, black, white, red, etc., are more traditional colors, and ones that are pretty much guanteed to be accepted as time goes on. The LSunset isn't normal as far as that goes, but it looks nice on Z's and hopefully will continue to. As long as you continue to like it, who cares?
Old 12-26-2004 | 06:54 PM
lunartick13

RIGHT ON! CHICKEN.
I plan on keeping this car for a LLLLLLLLLong time. So the resale or trade in won`t be a factor.
Old 12-26-2004 | 11:17 PM
ZRAYGO

it is byfar the best color....hands down...now just think i fthey made the g35c in that color.....Hmmm???
Old 12-28-2004 | 05:20 AM
starve

If it's a fad, then it's still going strong. Cause the new Vettes and Lotus Elise's are offered in this color as well.
Attached Thumbnails Do you still think the Le Mans color is a fad-zmy16.jpg  
Old 12-28-2004 | 05:34 AM
ColecatZ

I still can't get over people saying it's a fad color. Was it a fad when the original Datsun 240z came to the states in the similar orange color 35 years ago?

For Nissan to take so many design queues from the original and not pay homage to it by offering the new Z in a similar color would be silly. It's not a Fad color, but a "Classic" color for the Z car.
Old 12-28-2004 | 07:11 AM
simpley amaZing

Default lemans sunset is not like the others

I;m thinkin, why would you want a color that everyone else has? wouldnt that suck to pull up to the lights and have three of the same color cars sittin there next to you?. Lemans sunset makes an already hot car that much hotter...so many color changes.

Old 12-28-2004 | 07:05 PM
lunartick13

Great Pics Simpley AmaZing.
IMO 350Z in L S has Classic writen all over it. I think Nissan chose that color to be like their Signature Color but actually it don`t really matter cause I love the Z I just love even more in L S.
Old 12-28-2004 | 07:12 PM
lunartick13

Originally posted by ColecatZ
I still can't get over people saying it's a fad color. Was it a fad when the original Datsun 240z came to the states in the similar orange color 35 years ago?

For Nissan to take so many design queues from the original and not pay homage to it by offering the new Z in a similar color would be silly. It's not a Fad color, but a "Classic" color for the Z car.
I often think about buying a 240 Z, it has such classic looks and without a doubt it would be in the orange color that looks like the Le Mans.

Quick Reply: Do you still think the Le Mans color is a fad